What's new

Gamecube not worthy, says microsoft.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I dunno, I'm fine playing TimeSplitters 2 on my GameCube, but only if I've been playing it a lot - picking it up after a long break does end up having my aim sucking.

Though yes, keyb/mouse is easier to use and more precise, as well as faster. I've seen master 'twitch snipers' playing Counter-Strike, it really is an amazing sight.

pandamoan

Banned
The Rabbit Run

Tagrineth said:
I dunno, I'm fine playing TimeSplitters 2 on my GameCube, but only if I've been playing it a lot - picking it up after a long break does end up having my aim sucking.

Though yes, keyb/mouse is easier to use and more precise, as well as faster. I've seen master 'twitch snipers' playing Counter-Strike, it really is an amazing sight.

no an AMAZING sight is those quake speed movies. people beating the whole game of quake in under 10 minutes by carefully launching grenades to a spot they will land on 5 seconds into the future.

any of the "trick" quake videos show that our species has far, FAR too much time on it's hands... :)

seriously though the movie : "The Rabbit Run"
http://www.planetquake.com/sda/videos.html
is frickin' amazing.

i don't see how ANYONE got so good at quake. do that with a gamepad LOL.

for viewing divx, the best program is bsplayer (in the windows world, anyway). there is little debate in the xvid / divx expert circles.

it comes neatly packaged with all the codecs at:

http://www.kazaalite.tk/

getting the "codec pak" and installing it (which also installs bsplayer, by default) is the simplest easiest way to watch divx on a machine that does not currently have divx capability.

also very good on that site are real and quicktime alternatives, in case you don't want HUGE MEMORY HOG BLOATWARE on your nice clean XP installation.

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Tagrineth said:
I've seen master 'twitch snipers' playing Counter-Strike, it really is an amazing sight.
Ya well unfortunately about 70% of CS' "twitch sniping" is done by aimbots these days :D