What's new

GameCube l33tness

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 64ultramaniac

And I have the faith that people still are looking for great games not just adult ones.

And I have the fate that people are still looking for great games, and not just games that are made only by a certain company which name starts with an "N" and ends with an "intendo".

Last edited:
Oleg Zaks said:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 64ultramaniac

And I have the faith that people still are looking for great games not just adult ones.

And I have the fate that people are still looking for great games, and not just games that are made only by a certain company which name starts with an "N" and ends with an "intendo".

Why are you so nervous my friend?Maybe because you're a little disapointed that your so beloved Microsoft doesn't seem(until now)to manage to rule AND the console world?I was just stating my opinion with arguments,why can't you state your opinion too with some arguments,nice n' easily?And for your information that company that her name starts with N and ends with intendo,well her name is Nintendo and happens to be the company with the greatest history in that area which is called videogames.

Cyberman

Why are you so nervous my friend?Maybe because you're a little disapointed that your so beloved Microsoft doesn't seem(until now)to manage to rule AND the console world?I was just stating my opinion with arguments,why can't you state your opinion too with some arguments,nice n' easily?And for your information that company that her name starts with N and ends with intendo,well her name is Nintendo and happens to be the company with the greatest history in that area which is called videogames.

Well.. lots of money helps and good marketing..
sadly good systems can fail, I hope Nintendo does ok.. but I am no fan of either them or sony or microsoft. All of them are a bit shady in there character :)

I do own a PS2 though ;)

Cyb

Eagle

aka Alshain
This thread needs to end, its nothing but bickering. Personally, I like the Idea of the PS2. The one thing I have always hated about consoles, and why I love PC, is the fact that (for the most part) you can still play the older games. The PS2 provides this by allowing the PSX games to be played on it. I think they are all good systems, but I'll probably never own any of them. The N64 was the last console I owned and probably will be the last now that I have my PC.

crhylove

Banned
silly?

i am a MAJOR tech head, and game junkie, but i have to be blatantly honest and say, i play dr. mario on zsnes more often than quake 3 on my computer, or any other console game.

however, broad apeal is what sells games, and broad appeal is therefore what sells consoles.

most people i know never even SAW the dc. so how would a game even be in the running for broad appeal?

everybody and their dog has seen all 3 (ps2, gc, xb) all over the place, and personally, i would've liked to have seen "mario 128" or something on the GC. luigi's mansion BLEW BIG CHUNKS. mario 64 is a vastly superior game, as far as it's playability, and it's broad appeal. space sim, fps, and racers (the other games out for the new 3) are all over, and there's good ones already. i LOVED gran turismo on psx, and quake 3 on computer. only really addictive games like n64's :puzzle league, mario 64, dr. mario (with 4 players) will sell consoles, and only if people can't do it on computer or xbox or ps2. cuz otherwise, people will buy the others with dvd/better gfx/more titles. anyone seen madden 2001? THAT'S a killer app.

don't get your feelings hurt. i hate ALL the corporations. that's why i refuse to actually BUY a console and am so into emulation.

besides some of the original nes games are mroe fun than any of the latest stuff, as the success of the GBA proved with it's portable super mario 2. Nintendo is smart cuz it diversifies, and dominates in the portable sector where PC's are FAR too expensive to be toys (laptops about $1000, GBA about $100).

until laptops and tft's come WAY down nintendo will have a market. although i doubt it will be a console much longer.

that being said, why even buy an xbox for a second? unless you ABSOLUTELY must have the res of halo/doa3/madden2001, there's no point. i'll play a lower res q3/mario64/zelda (the original NES one) over those games any day. they're MORE FUN.

rhy:devil:

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
64ultramaniac said:

and he just stated his opinion too "nice n' easily"...
and just because he likes Xbox, that doesn't mean he loves Microsoft...

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
64ultramaniac said:

And for your information that company that her name starts with N and ends with intendo,well her name is Nintendo

duh?! Whatever dude, you missed the whole point.

"Nervous", lol, why would I be nervous? After all, I HAVE an X-box, while you are protecting a system you have seen only through screenshots and demo movies. Anyway, if you had read any of my posts on the subject, you`ll see that I never said stuff like "GC sucks", or "SSB melee is the same SSB from the N64, except from the graphics", or "Rogue leader is just another plain space shootout", like the stuff you`ll see here about the X-box. You know why? Because I`m being friggin objective, that`s why. I chose an X-box for the GC because I prefer its games, and not because I hate Miyamoto (I don`t, I`m just giving an example). What I DO hate, is fanboys that spill trash on other systems, just cause the hate Gates, or Miyamoto, or whatever. And I belive I have stated my opinion well now.

"and he just stated his opinion too "nice n' easily"... "
Heh, Harteex, I believe you`re the only onee that understood what i said in that post there :)

blizz

I've played both and I know what I'll be buying in the coming months, and that's a GC, I'll probably get an X-Box too but only when it's a £100, same for the PS2 :D

It's all about preference

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
:hrm:

i guess nintendo did play their cards right. Their plain (ie no hard driver, dvd, modem, internal combustion engine...) system made the other ones seem expensive in contrast.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I agree. I think that both the Xbox and Gamecube are good systems, but the main reason I won't be getting an Xbox (at least for awhile) is thats its too expensive (that, and I hate MS ;))

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
a wise person would be buying a DC right now though, cheap as chips and great games,
And as usual, I agree with you.. Dreamcast still takes pride of place under my TV, with my PS2 (vertically) standing beside it. ;)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
*cough cough cough* said he'd never buy a PS2 *cough cough cough* ;)
*rotflmao* I never said that, did I?! ;) Come on.. £100 ain't bad.. for a DVD player. ;)
But seriously, GTA3 kicks ass.. :alien:
And they were right, PS2 makes a great DC stand.. :cool: