What's new

GameCube l33tness

sk8bloke22

roll for life
one becos its ugly, expensive and has the worst controller ever invented - the dpad is like some sort of mix between an anologue and a normal dpad, so when u press up, it goes up-left or up-right, it makes me go crazy. many of the games are all show and no depth. i believe halo is a fantastic game, and is certainly worth the money. but the others are mostly ports, so u can basically play them on other systems. in fact halo will be on the pc. project gotham is the sequal to msr, doa3 is doa2 with fancy gfx (very fancy gfx). tony hawks 2x... need i say more.

i know ive completely over-exagerated there, as there are some good titles on the xbox. its just microsoft will try their best to win the games market...and sony will be able to compete...i dont think nintendo can..

blizz

sk8bloke22 said:
sony will be able to compete...i dont think nintendo can..

rather foolish to count out the most experianced of the lot, not to mention the only one with Resi Evil, given that Nintendo is aiming at a different market to M$ and Sony I think they may have a future, every one thought that the Genesis had them beat once ;)

Harteex:
1. that is ign the crack whore of press releases
2. only microsoft knows how many it shipped, and it's not going to release small figures is it ;)

OP
zeus

zeus

Harteex said:

Are they?

http://cube.ign.com/news/40225.html

http://cube.ign.com/news/40229.html

Since their stats are gathered from the same place, niether of them are lieing nor are they telling they truth. The are bending it, destorting it to suit their needs. Accoring to your link x-box is the winner but another ign network site says the exact opposite, but if there is any company I would expect lies from it´s Ms. They have done it before and the worst thing is that they are good at it.

And in a couple of years if Nintendo fails to make ends meet, is that possible given thought that gba is selling faster then butter melts under the sun, I know who to blaim. Ms for streamlining the market and the consumers for being fools, since when is gfx more important then gameplay?

flow``

flow``
most of the newer consoles (ps2/xbox/DC) were aimed at adults say.. 15+

whereas the GC seems to cover the kid games (like SSB, mario, mario kart, ect) and adult games (rogue leader) and have a little bit of each but have a better grip on the kids

the xbox, dc, psx2 are all fighting for the same market and the GC seems to stand alone gaining more of the "kid" market and yet having there little slice of the adult market

and anyone who's ever grown up around gaming knows nintendo and their games, and quality; as well as what to expect in the future.. (*cough* sega.. remember the 32x, sega cd, and saturn)

xbox.. AKA "mini computer".. bah, buy a computer instead, i expect them to have a much smaller library compared to other consoles and the only way it will survive is to have a decent library which i doubt will happen

ps2 is sorta old but it will probably out live the DC and xbox i'd imagine.. good console, cheap, and worth getting if you dont want to wait for prices to drop

as far as the DC... err i dont know.. wasn't much of a fan of it and didn't seem to have a lot of games worth getting

blizz

flow`` said:
as far as the DC... err i dont know.. wasn't much of a fan of it and didn't seem to have a lot of games worth getting

that's true I only bought 6 games for my DC I got good life out of them, but since console makers live of game sales that's actually pretty bad

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I find it interesting that so many people see the N64 as a failure for Nintendo. I know Nintendo saw it completely differently. The last three years Nintendo has made more than four times its closest competitor (which I think is EA). I think Nintendo know what they are doing and will continue to make gaming consoles even is they don't sell as well as the competition.

Anyway, in my opinion the Xbox and GC are the only two consoles (apart from DC) that are any good. I will go for GC simply for the reason that I resent Microsoft trying to rule everything electronic in my house. I know it's a pretty stupid reason, but it's the truth. And I'm pretty sure there are many others who feel the same way.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
I think Gamecube looks good, but I do think Xbox looks better.
I haven't heard or seen much from Playstation 2.

And I don't see N64 as a failure for Nintendo

Macca

The 64 was a ripper not a failure. I think it revolutionised gaming, it really brought that 'wow' factor with so many cool games.

What about Zelda as i'm sure you all know and then there was Mario and Goldeneye. These games really changed gaming for me. :D

Slougi

blizz said:
Most modern TV's support both Pal and NTSC, if the display is in black and white then you need to get a device to reduce the 60Hz refresh of NTSC down to 50Hz of pal, or get a VGA box so that you can plug you're DC into your PC monitor and then you can play the games on your monitor
Actually if the scrren is only black and white on a pal tv, then it has no probs with 60hz. The black and white thing is because of how the colours are transmitted in ntsc. i.e. for example the pal dc's have a 60 hz pal mode and that is NOT the same as ntsc

sk8bloke22

roll for life
the reason why i think gamecube will lose out to sony and microsoft isnt due to the fact that nintendo has most experience. i dont think experience will help it, these are changing times in the industry, and now even little kids would rather hav a more grown up console. the cube may hav aldult games to offer, but no way near at the mo anyway) the range offered by the other consoles. as i said i like the cube best. just dont think itll be successful. hopefully ill be wrong.

blizz

he also said he had s-video input, since I've only seen that on tv's which support nearlly everything (NTSC Pal50/60 Secam....) It was a bit odd anyway

so would Pal60 be the signal though the scart socket?

blizz said:

that's true I only bought 6 games for my DC I got good life out of them, but since console makers live of game sales that's actually pretty bad

you what?!?!?!?! i have about 20 games and i love em allll:colgate: :colgate: :colgate:

sk8bloke22 said:
the reason why i think gamecube will lose out to sony and microsoft isnt due to the fact that nintendo has most experience. i dont think experience will help it, these are changing times in the industry, and now even little kids would rather hav a more grown up console. the cube may hav aldult games to offer, but no way near at the mo anyway) the range offered by the other consoles. as i said i like the cube best. just dont think itll be successful. hopefully ill be wrong.

Maybe you're right but really why someone would like to play adult games if they are crap?And from the other hand classic games can't be called childish.Mario64 for example,this game doesn't have an age limit,kids,teenagers,adults all love it.And Nintendo is the company who knows more than anyone else how to make such great games,no mistake about that.And I have the faith that people still are looking for great games not just adult ones.Especially looking at Nintendo's sales which outperformed easily the "big" Ms.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
64ultramaniac said:

And I have the faith that people still are looking for great games not just adult ones.

Great games, that's peoples different opinions so it's not right to say it so.