What's new

Game cube,PS2,XboX:hot games but what about emulators???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
I just wonder if emulators for Game cube,PS2,XboX,espicially gamecube,are being developed..is it possible?and if yes..when will it be???

tooie

2 years, 5years, is it possible ... yes .. will it be soon .. I doubt it .. some one could do what uhle did and play the games really good really soon after the console has been out .. but I do doubt it ..

if you want to enjoy the games go buy them .. or if you happy to wait a couple of years and watch what is happening go for it ..

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
XBox => Emulator in progress. Can only run demos.
PS2 => Emulator in progress. Can run two commercial games. Not fully playable.
GC => No emulator in progress.

madfredtk

Proud Frenchman
PS2 emulators are being developped for quite a while now (check out PCSX2 and NSX2) and an XBOX emulator is on the way (CXBX). If you're looking for gamecube emulators, you'll only get fake one. But don't get too disapointed and go buy a gamecube.

Dogman5

----------
PS2 should have emulators running up in about a year or less if I had to guess :)

Xbox, maybe three years..

And I personally dont think they will able to get Gamecube emulators going.

Nintendo took ALOT of precaucions when planning out the Gamecube, so that emulation would be least possible, after their knowledge of their NES, SNES, and GAMEBOY, and N64 games being emulated.

Talas

Son of the Sky
Well I think PS2 will be emulated quite good in 1 year or so. Not too good of a compatibility but good enough.

XBOX? Well its a PC anyway, dont think that will take all too long.

Game Cube? Dont know to be honest, Nintendo has always been good at keeping people from what they call "stealing" their share. :geek:

Trotterwatch

You've got to hand it to Nintendo, they lose nothing through piracy with the GC... long may it continue I say. GC emulation will not happen for a long long time.

PS2 and X-Box should happen by the end of the year, in some capacity (ie booting and running 1 commercial game with errors).

Trotterwatch

The big difference though was that piracy on the N64 was pretty rife, and thus the rom images were copyable. The gamecube not only has the data issues (not being able to copy) but also the issues of using custom chips that are not well documented.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
About Xbox emulation....the system is fully PC based, and as far as I can remember uses fairly common hardware as well. With that it mind, wouldn't the system be VERY easy to HLE?

Also about Xbox emulation...I fear it will end the emulation scene. The Xbox has nothing good for it exclusively, thus no reason to emulate it, and when a workable emulator is released...you can bet your two cents that microsoft is going to be shoving their ****s up everyone's asses. (excuse my language.)

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
nephalim:

1. You seem to think that emulation is all about piracy... it is not.
2. You're talking shit

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Harteex said:
nephalim:

1. You seem to think that emulation is all about piracy... it is not.
2. You're talking shit

Umm, OK there, whatever you say. Way to miss the point. What I think (which is not what you say) has nothing to do with it. The point is Microsoft will think that emulation is all about piracy. And Microsoft will stop at nothing to get what they want. They have the money and the power.

I was just expressing a fear, not saying what will happen. Don't get your panties all in a bunch.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
nephalim:

No I'm getting tired of the fanboy crap like "The Xbox has nothing good for it exclusively" bla bla bla
I don't think you have ever even played Xbox.
That's all I wanted to say. If it's ok for you I'd say we drop this subject now...

My tribute to this thread:

1) The N64 has 95 mhz and 4 mb ram (expandable to 8) and (at this moment) you'll need a computer with at least 1,2 ghz to play all the games at full speed on the same resolution as the real console (352x238x24). What do you think a gamecube emulator needs?!?!

2) Have you seen roms for it already?

Doomulation

mightyrocket said:
1) The N64 has 95 mhz and 4 mb ram (expandable to 8) and (at this moment) you'll need a computer with at least 1,2 ghz to play all the games at full speed on the same resolution as the real console (352x238x24). What do you think a gamecube emulator needs?!?!
Have you seen Nemu 0.8 and uHLE (2064 too)? :baaa:
You'll see that those will be able to play all the games at a much lower speed when they're compitable enuff.
Pj, for example, uses much LLE which makes it slow.

Last edited:

Slougi

Keep the flaming away. Thanks.

Also of interest to some of you may be that I have heard that someone has been able to reverse engineer the gamecube disc interface. I am not quite sure what he/she/it has done so far though.

Doomulation

Oh cool!
Huh? What am I saying? :geek:
I'll be friggin' owning one soon :p so whadda i need an emulator for? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.