What's new

Game cube,PS2,XboX:hot games but what about emulators???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GE Master

Well, here's my contribution to this subject.

I cannot see why anyone would be investing time in any of these systems. The reason for this is quite simple.

The reason for emulation is playing old games. Why? Because in the case of the N64 emulation, the games look bloody amazing. Beyond what anyone might expect when they think of the games on their television. This is even without perfected games. The fact is the games are better, or at least will be in the near future than what the console could provide. Add to this that you have online play for a system that was never that way.

The new systems? Forget about that. They kick ass as they are, and seeing them on the PC would be well, limp dicked. When balancing ones time/effort with the benefits or usefulness of emulating the new systems, it's a no brainer. Buy the system.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Actually there's a couple of really good reasons to work on a next-gen emulator.

First, emulators generally take a very, very long time to get really good.

Second, it's one hell of a programming challenge, few people are up to the task, and those can do it are sure to be held in VERY high regard. And even without the reverence (<g>) , some people just love a good challenge.

Third, why the hell not? Granted there are the legal issues, but really.

(aside - four, some people want to see Xbox emulated just becasue they really don't like Microsoft)

tooie

say with XBox, PS2 .. they made an emulator that played the commercial games .. but it only allowed the usage of non-pirated games .. would people still be intrested, are they only really intersted in pirating games .. or being able to use them in a different way ... like use different hardware, internet capabilities, different controllers, mouse, etc ..

SithLord666

Banned
LMAO this thread is old!
Im Getting A New Computer Next Month,
the computer has 2.6Ghz Processor,
and i need to know what is the best emulator for PS2
what kind Of Emulator reads the actual ps2 games?
Also Will Is My Processor Be Fast Enough For Games Such As,
Grand Theft Auto Vice City,And Star Wars Kinghts Of The Republic 2?
I also just need to know wich 128mb video card works best!?
please let me know!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.