What's new

Format

OP
Xstriker

Xstriker

3d master-
ok, but i mounted a cdi on a drive, and when i play it with chankast, it marks please insert game disc, but i cheked everything and the drive is right, so what can i do?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Xstriker said:
is it obligated to be .iso, can it be a .cdi or something else??

no, you can use an other format,

and you'll probably have to, because if your .iso is a rip from your dreamcast, this rip don't contain the soudtrack needed to autoboot your cd image...

in that case, you have to rebuilt the cd image to making an autoboot one... but since a .iso rip from dreamcast made a 1go file its difficult to burn it...

so, for the moment, the best way is to use all the rebuilts you can found over the net... :plain:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Xstriker said:
how can i rebuild it

Well, go to this topic : http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20670
it will explain you how to make a selfboot cd

with the tools (the one with name franxis) you'll find in this topic you can build a selfboot image...
you must setting the config.ini with your own parameters as explain in the topic (launch daemon tools before if you wanna see your virtual drive)
your .iso must be the source (could be in virtual drive with daemon tools, it work), then you just have to run selfboot.bat, it will make the rebuilt.

if its not a ripped dreamcast .iso it's probably a rebuilt (100 Mb to 750 Mb), a bad one but a rebuilt, and it will work fine...
but if your .iso file is a ripped one, warning !!! for this work, the destination drive must be able to burn a file of 1Go (your dreamcast ripped .iso) it will not work with a classic cd writer
maybe it sould work with a dvd writer (and of course a dvd), and i dont know if its possible to do it with a second virtual drive (daemon tools enable 4 virtual drives, try it).

now, its possible to reduce the size of 1Go ripped iso, to a classic cd size, for this purpose you can delete the dummy. file (or put a smaller one) but its not always enought, games can take more than 650 Mb. In that case you have to cut game videos, or game sounds, etc... until you obtain the desired size... unfortunatly games use a different format than those we find on a pc for videos and sounds. so you have to really known what you are doing...

remember what i told you, for the moment the best way is to download those you could find on the net...

Last edited:
OP
Xstriker

Xstriker

3d master-
i downloaded it from the net, but i'm not sure if its self bootable, but what I know is that i am running on windows 2000 proffessionnal so maybe its that the problem, if it is, is there a possibility to run a game? plz help

OP
Xstriker

Xstriker

3d master-
i already tried that out, thx for helping, ill just wait for the next release, when will it be out??