What's new

Failed to allocate memory

Daks

I'm not goof with all this computer talk, but i know my computer has 128mb RAM and it's a Pentium 3.. Oh, and the games i'm running are Banjo-Tooie and Super Smash Bros and they do the same thing.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Remember that you need to hit the 60 fps mark (or 50 for pal) to get correct sound. Project64 is also very requiring. Though it would help to know the speed of your processor. You might use run -> dxdiag and paste some of the info about your computer specs here.

Another emulator might also be a choice if it's slow. For this, 1964 is the fatestest with near compability as pj64.

Daks

Well the speed of mine is on average about 30... would that mean it is unable to run any type of emulator?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It means the emulator is too much for your pc. There should be a speed-up faq somewhere if I recall. Try reading it to get a little extra speed. Hopefully this will help you.

th3l3fty

The "failed to allocate memory" problem is most definitely a mess-up by the programmers; however, it is caused by programs that didn't exist when the programmers made v1.5. Sometimes it IS because you don't have enough memory; however, it is also caused by other programs such as Windows Updates. Windows Updates KB841356 and KB828741 seem to cause this problem. After using PJ64 v1.5 one time, I installed these Windows Updates and when I logged on again, I got that error. I had large amounts of free RAM (I don't remember exactly how much), but it didn't work. Uninstalling these updates fixed my problem immediately.