What's new

Failed to allocate memory solution

OP
P

philis45

Hey
You might have additional Problems so search around try some other fixes
All i know is that removing the msnplus executable from task manager processes works for me and a bunch of other people.

Falcon

I remember reading somewhere that this error was resolved by not using Logitech mouse drivers (Just searched, the thread here). Well, when I got my Microsoft Optical Desktop for Bluetooth and uninstalled the Logitech stuff for my mouse. I didn't try opening Project 64 again until just the other day when I decided I wanted to play a little Majora's mask (Even though I had been using 1964) and I was amazed at Project 64 working, then I re-called the Logitech MouseWare issue.

This seems to be a proved solution to help all you Logitech mouse users.

OP
P

philis45

Hey Falcon
Thanks for your input
Im thinking that we should get everyone elese to post their solutions on this matter in this thread, on the account of this seems to be a common topic, that way people can have a variety of ways to help.

colt4523

I found my fix. Try closing you mouse program. For example in task mananger I have a process called point32.exe..thats for my mouse. Closing that enabled me to get it to work.

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
philis45 said:
Colt4523
Your must go into your TASK MANAGER (crtl-alt-del) and remove the msn process.
that has worked for many people

which one are you talking about so i can stop the process :
msnappau.exe or msmsgs.exe

Also can't deleted the the windows hotfix .
When i go in the add/remove , i selecte the Windows XP Hotfix - KB828741 , but there is no option to remove-it . How do i remove-it .

Last edited:
OP
P

philis45

Furio,
Its the msnmsgs.exe, or the msnplus.exe that you have to get rid of.
If you have both, get rid of the msn plus one first and see if it works.
if not remove both

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
philis45 said:
Furio,
Its the msnmsgs.exe, or the msnplus.exe that you have to get rid of.
If you have both, get rid of the msn plus one first and see if it works.
if not remove both
all i got is msmsgs.exe
there is no n before the second m & after the first s (msmsgs.exe)
is this the one ?

Also if i click stop the process (there is no delete/remove) its says that it may cause trouble to my PC , is it true ?

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Thanks , but i've solve my problem (i said my problem) .

Someone suggest to me to right-click on the pj64.exe .
Selected properties .
Then compatibility , run this program into compatibility mode for windows . Choose one of the following windows version :
95/98/nt/2000 (me , it was 98) & it worked without deleting anything .

So i thank you who ever you are that suggested this to me
(cause i don't remember who has give me this tips) .

th3l3fty

I had this problem for a lttle while. I got irritated and searched the web and found that Windows XP Hotfix - KB841356 can cause the problem. Project 64 began working after I removed it, and now I'm back to playing OOT.

Last edited:

remieres

To elaborate!!!

go into your Task manager in Win XP.

close/disable
anything that says msnmsgr
and after I did this it still was doing it as well and then I closed
MantisPm.exe and it works

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Didn't do jack squat. Are the WinXP Hot Fixes really that important?I've a feeling they're screwing up PJ64....I've tried closing "msnmsgs.exe" in the Task Manager; nothing. I tried chaning the compatiblility to Windows 98/ME, 2000, 95, you name it, nothing. This is so frikin' annoying!

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Odd thing is I've installed every single hotfix and never had a problem with PJ64. Though I did notice a problem using it in conjuction with 3D Analyze earlier when I got these 'failed to allocate' errors for the first time.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
th3l3fty said:
I had this problem for a lttle while. I got irritated and searched the web and found that Windows XP Hotfix - KB841356 can cause the problem. Project 64 began working after I removed it, and now I'm back to playing OOT.

Gent said:
Actually the problem ive always had with the failed to allocate memory error is when i tried to load PJ after updating all my Security.

by removing the Windows XP Hotfix - KB828741 it solved my issues.

PJ once again loaded with no troubles and back to playtastic fun

If anyone else finds this but it happens to be a different hotfix number place it in this thread so everyone knows what to check in the future.

so here goes.

Failed to allocate memory error solved by removing.

Windows XP Hotfix - KB828741

See ive been telling ya for ages now to look at the Hotfixes but does anybody Listen N00000000000000000000000 :) just try removiong the damn Hotfixes one by one and marking what ones as you go. Once you found the bugger causing it, you can leave it out and put the rest in. also dont forget if you are on SP2; remove that and all the other hotfixes and then you will see all the ones before Sp2, which more then likly is the sod causing your probs.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Microsoft really does suck. I don't know/remember which WinXP hotfix I deleted, but getting rid of it solved my PJ64/Windows restart and shutdown issues. Screw you, Microsoft! I hope you crash and burn for making such crappy "updates"!!

corazon912

I have used PJ64 1.6 pretty much since its release but all of a sudden I have the error referred to in this thread and I can't figure out why or fix it.
It started when I switched to a different user to actual use the program. I have done it many times without issue. However this time it froze shortly after running OOT. So I closed it with ctrl-alt-del and returned to my regular user account to run it. Then I received this "failed to allocate memory" issue.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PJ64 and no luck. I even went through and deleted registry keys and reinstalling and it still didn't work. I have run ad-aware and I did have a couple little spywares but even with them gone PJ64 isn't working.
I read the suggestions here about removing hotfixes, however I run into problems. First off these suggestions for hotfix removal are before this version of PJ, and I don't have any hotfixes listed in my add/remove programs list. I know I have updated Windows regular, but don't believe this to be the program since I haven't updated Windows all that recently.

I'm thinking perhaps its an issue tied to my computer losing power recently. I lost power and so the computer didn't get shutdown properly. However in restarting it I have had issues with a couple programs. I had reinstall Money because it wouldn't work right and now PJ64 is having fits. I don't know if this power shutoff was the cause or its coincidence because I've lost power before and the computer had no problems.
I have also tried system restore with no luck.
Any ideas would be helpful. As I am unable to use PJ64 now it seems.

corazon912

I know no one answered, but finally I have got it working again although not happily. It is running under Windows2000 compatibility mode, although slightly slower. Its odd I tried that mode before and it had crashed again, not sure why its working now.
Still wish I could go back to regular mode.

Now my gamecube controller isn't working right, but that's a separate issue. It keeps thinking the C button is moving when it isn't. I had read about the problem, but have to find the fix again, recalibrating didn't help.