What's new

emuhq : a site from another time

Derek

less evil admin ;)
You might also be thinking of VGN, then daves video game classics. I think that had a black and green layout as well.

bwb

Redah said:
That's not the oldest EmuHQ... I remember that back in the day it had a white background, and I think orange/red/blue text colors and such.

I remember that there was a huge discussion on the question if EmuHQ should start covering other emulators besides next-gen (e.g. super nintendo). I for one was against it, they didn't listen, and look what happened ;)

I think they were part of some cube-shaped-logo network thingie back then too. Oh and ofcourse, #EmuHQ was still active, and not dead :)
Ya I remember that, a good choice I think, I like lots of emulators besides next gen, esp snes, arcade, nes, sega saturn, model 1, etc

bwb

pAsSiVe said:
Sounds like fun.. What also sounds like fun are ip logs of page views matched up against post times, aren't they absolutely hilarious?
Yep what is also cool is programs that chedk for web page changes, but im sure you use one as well so you are allerted when a page changes. Nice to see you again as well.

Jakob

evil *******
yeah, but I didn't visit other news sites and look at their newsposts while I posted:p it always looks suspiscious(fyi: not talking about emuhelp, but I'm sure you gathered as much already)

Jakob

evil *******
Another absolutely hilarious thing at emuhq... it's just great... bwb caught red handed stealing news!

As many people know, wraggster has a bad habbit of linking to his own sites for emu's instead of the real sites in his newsposts, now it seems bwb has taken a cue from him and is doing the exact same, no, not linking to emuhq pages, but rather one of wraggsters sites! and no thank you to wraggster for the news either!

Last edited:

bwb

pAsSiVe said:
Another absolutely hilarious thing at emuhq... it's just great... bwb caught red handed stealing news!

As many people know, wraggster has a bad habbit of linking to his own sites for emu's instead of the real sites in his newsposts, now it seems bwb has taken a cue from him and is doing the exact same, no, not linking to emuhq pages, but rather one of wraggsters sites! and no thank you to wraggster for the news either!
wow, what is your deal? I linked to that site because I thought wraggster hosted it and that is the official site? Who woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning?

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Omg omg I feel like it's 1999 again :D

/me enters #EmuHQ and starts chanting for fights

retroK

bwb said:
Heh, ya I'm working on finding the backups.

Hopefully we will get the new site design soon and can port everything over and redo all the emulator pages, if you guys know a good designer let me know, we have a couple doing test templates but haven't heard back from them yet.

Try asking Keith, he is doing a great job designing Emufanatics. But I don`t think he has enough time ;)

Jakob

evil *******
bwb said:
wow, what is your deal? I linked to that site because I thought wraggster hosted it and that is the official site? Who woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning?
well, I have to say, if you thought those were the real sites, but were in fact wraggsters emulator pages, then you should thank him for the news still, and fix your links.

Last edited:

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
i remember this site but the first emulation site i used to visit was this site called brians emulation dunno if its still online

bwb

retroK said:
Try asking Keith, he is doing a great job designing Emufanatics. But I don`t think he has enough time ;)
cool thanks for the tip, I'm waiting to hear from one guy but I think ill see what keith is doing. Maybe I can trade him for some hosting or a snes or someting.