What's new

emuhq : a site from another time

mesman00

What's that...?
that brings back memories. that was the first emu site i ever visited, a long long time ago.

Quvack

awww memories :) so many years ago now, i used to visit emuhq religiously and then well it got crap :p seems like its getting updated a lot more these days, good to see! though emu64 still ownz you all ;)

vleespet

The decent one
Heh, I visited daily to read news about corn. Just read the corn-site, and must say that it's really "confusing" because it seems there haven't been any updates since 1999 :/

bwb

yo yo yo

I hope you don't remember emuhq.com in 1996 since I didn't start the site until 1999 ;

Yep I'm back and we are switching everything over to a new script, better design, and a new emulator database script/setup. Plus we have a dual Xeon server to host emulator sites, fan sites etc :)

Ben
[email protected]

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
yeah nice to see it back, lets see if it sticks around this time. ;)

manboy

I remember that site. It was one of the best emulation sites i have ever visited at the time... :bouncy:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
bwb said:
I hope you don't remember emuhq.com in 1996 since I didn't start the site until 1999 ;

Yep I'm back and we are switching everything over to a new script, better design, and a new emulator database script/setup. Plus we have a dual Xeon server to host emulator sites, fan sites etc :)

Ben
[email protected]

Heh.. musta been another site with a green layout, I wasn't completely sure on that. It was a popular site at the time, I'll try to look it up.

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
EmuUnlim used to be black and green before and has been around since 98 .. course that site has really gone down hill.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Keith said:
EmuUnlim used to be black and green before and has been around since 98 .. course that site has really gone down hill.

That's what it is.. emuunlim.. I remember it being really plain green/black and they used to have a "rom search engine".. rofl. I remember seeing my first emu in 1996 (some atari 2600 emu and nesticle/genecyst in 1997 afaik).. I guess it wasn't until 1998 I actually really got into it.

*cooliscool revisits bloodlust software homepage and begins to cry :bye3:

Last edited:

bwb

Heh, ya I'm working on finding the backups.

Hopefully we will get the new site design soon and can port everything over and redo all the emulator pages, if you guys know a good designer let me know, we have a couple doing test templates but haven't heard back from them yet.

Jakob

evil *******
Sounds like fun.. What also sounds like fun are ip logs of page views matched up against post times, aren't they absolutely hilarious?

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
That's not the oldest EmuHQ... I remember that back in the day it had a white background, and I think orange/red/blue text colors and such.

I remember that there was a huge discussion on the question if EmuHQ should start covering other emulators besides next-gen (e.g. super nintendo). I for one was against it, they didn't listen, and look what happened ;)

I think they were part of some cube-shaped-logo network thingie back then too. Oh and ofcourse, #EmuHQ was still active, and not dead :)