•Vista Home Basic $233
Upgrade Version
•Vista Ultimate Upgrade $269
•Vista Business Upgrade $224
•Vista Home Premium Upgrade $179
•Vista Home Basic Upgrade $116

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
that's actually not too bad for vista home premium. I think i'm gonna get that. What advantages does ultimate have over premium?

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
oh, so ultimate is just home premium with all the business features added?

EDIT: Doom, did u read that thread i just posted?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ultimate is everything Vista offers out of the box. The best of all the business and home features.

Oh I get it so I'll probably get Home Premium since I don't need all the business crap and plus a gamer shouldn't have business features :bouncy:

Doomulation

Home Premium is all you need unless you go about doing things that a normal home user won't - ie, use a lot of networking (school comes to mind, or company). So said the Upgrade Advisor last time I checked, though.

Doomulation

Microsoft has officially released the prices for Vista again:

* Business Full - $299
* Business Upgrade - $199
* Enterprise - The Windows Vista Enterprise edition is only available to Microsoft Volume License customers, it is not available for retail purchase.
* Home Premium Full - $239
* Home Premium Upgrade - $159
* Home Basic Full - $199
* Home Basic Upgrade - $99.95
* Ultimate Full - $399
* Ultimate Upgrade - $259

Just hope they don't withdraw it like last time.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
The Home Premium is the one that looks better considering the price of course, what do you think guys?

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Toasty said:
I think I'm going to stick with XP for quite some time.

lol, well I am actually wishing that people would crack it without problems, including WGA related stuff, and do it with Aero working because MS claimed that is a fact that Vista will be pirated but they will assure that the pirated version won't get Aero working, dunno how. If they are not able to crack it very well, I'll probably grab it after SP1 comes for it, until I believed SP1 was a must for Vista after BETA2 release, now seeing RC1 releases, the thing has changed

A.I.

Banned
Toasty said:
I think I'm going to stick with XP for quite some time.
XP Forever! :bouncy: That is, until I can afford my next computer with my superannuation money. Actually, come to think of it I don't know why I don't retire now... :)

Doomulation

Two more things:
- Media Center will only be available in Ultimate.
- These are Retail prices and not OEM prices, so you may expect to see a price drop when purchasing OEM products when Vista ships.

Cobrax1884

Banned
Talking about windows, a friend of mine has the following specs. (hold on to you're seets):
P I 100 Mhz
8 Ram
1MB integrated Video
A dumb monitor
Windows 95
Hmmm, the best one i've seen :D
EDIT:OMG my 200'th post wheeee, i'm gonna be a mod lol

Doomulation

I remember a computer having only 4 MB ram I think. But nothing else considering I knew virtually nothing of computers at that time.
Also seen a EGA monitor, I think. Though it wasn't the 4 MB computer one.