What's new

Dos games archives

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
AlphaWolf said:
X-com: UFO Defense (awesome sci-fi tac sim game, very original)

I imagine you're referring to the same game as me, UFO: Enemy Unknown (unless they really are two different games). Yeah, it was amazing at the time, and the gameplay is still class. They did an underwater one later on etc etc.

Last edited:

sir_key

Banned
the main differnece between UFO Defense and Enemy Unknown is that UFO Defense is on land/air and Enemy Unknown is under water

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
I played so much.......

Simcity
Dune II
Warcraft I
F22 Lightining 2
Interstate '76 DOS and Windows ver.
Doom I and II
Wolfestein 3D
Duke 3D
many games...... BBSs is a must in that good old years........ ;)

s|rens

till the end of time
I just remembered even before i had a pc (i listed the games played before), we had a macintosh.

I played where in the world is carmen sandiego (spelling ?), shufflepuck cafe, and dark castle.

I wonder if anyone remebers these games? I was pretty young back then. :)

OP
deesse

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
woah, too much games, that's cool :)

i think i played SimCity and a flight game too( i can't remember the name)

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Lex said:

Lemmings!!! Love that game... (on amiga)

plus stuff on school Apple IIs/Macs - carmen sandiego, think quick, sim Ant

and on DOS - quake I, wacky wheels (haha)... hrm, that's all i can think of

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
There was this one under them called Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold or something. That rocked.

And for the record, Enemy Unknown is air/land too, I've just found out that they're the same game but it was retitled for some reason in America.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Xade said:
I imagine you're referring to the same game as me, UFO: Enemy Unknown (unless they really are two different games). Yeah, it was amazing at the time, and the gameplay is still class. They did an underwater one later on etc etc.

In the US it was called UFO Defense, whereas in europe it was called Enemy Unknown and they used slightly different sound effects. Same game nonetheless.

smegforbrain

hybrid23 said:
the main differnece between UFO Defense and Enemy Unknown is that UFO Defense is on land/air and Enemy Unknown is under water

As Alpha said, UFO Defense and Enemy Unknown are the same game.

The first sequel, the underwater one, was X-Com: Terror from the Deep. Which is basically the same game all over again, just with new terrains, weapons, some new aliens.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Do any of you remember this one shareware overhead adventure game that featured a character named Thor (I believe it was VERY loosely based on myth) who threw a hammer and solved a small puzzle on each screen. I believe it was called God of Thunder. I also remember "War Wizards" and some other more interesting RPGs like Wizardry (popular) and Aethra (or something like it)? I believe I played some helecopter game that reminded me of 1943 or AlphaMission. haha... also reminds me that I was ban from a BBS once because I downloaded too many files. It's humours to think about it now because those people barely received calls to their BBS and I only had 20 minutes/day to download anyway. The memories... the hideous RIP graphics... o_O

Edit: They really don't make games like they use to... I miss those games where you don't have to spend hours and hours playing to complete.

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
Terminal Velocity
Doom
Wolf 3d
Spear of Destiny
Duke 3d
wacky wheels
tetris
3d tetris
homemade text based adventures
civilization

OP
deesse

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
Azimer said:
Do any of you remember this one shareware overhead adventure game that featured a character named Thor (I believe it was VERY loosely based on myth) who threw a hammer and solved a small puzzle on each screen. I believe it was called God of Thunder. I also remember "War Wizards" and some other more interesting RPGs like Wizardry (popular) and Aethra (or something like it)? I believe I played some helecopter game that reminded me of 1943 or AlphaMission. haha... also reminds me that I was ban from a BBS once because I downloaded too many files. It's humours to think about it now because those people barely received calls to their BBS and I only had 20 minutes/day to download anyway. The memories... the hideous RIP graphics... o_O

Edit: They really don't make games like they use to... I miss those games where you don't have to spend hours and hours playing to complete.

no, sorry don't remember that game, never played it :plain: