What's new

Dos games archives

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
I used to play A-Train, Sim Ant and Sim City (which I believe was DOS). I also enjoyed Sam & Max Hit The Road and King's Quest VI. Later I got into Transport Tycoon. Heh, classics...

Then again I'm younger than you, and I was brought up in the MegaDrive era, so...

rcgamer

the old guy
i played atari when i was that age. when i got a little older and had access to a pc i played

karateka
dragons lair
old d&d games.

Last edited:

Gigahurtz

Feel the speed
I've played Jill of the Jungle, shareware version though, but I liked it quite a lot. I've also remembered playing Quarantine and Mad dod McGree I & II (I miss those games, they were great). Billy the Kid and of course, doom and duke nukem were really fun. There were also a number of other demos of games made for DOS that I've played back in the nineties when I was still in elementary to junior high school years.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Doom, Doom II, Duke Nukem, Whiplash, although it was mid 90s and i was like 7, and of course i had my trusty N64 by my side

OP
deesse

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
=)

Lex and Gigahurtz, that's cool, i thought that nobody knew them :)

s|rens

till the end of time
I used to play when i was younger:

Commander Keen, Duke Nukem and any of the King's Quest series. There are others but i just can't remember. :)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Dune 2 (this was the RTS that started it all)
X-com: UFO Defense (awesome sci-fi tac sim game, very original)
Quest For Glory 1-4
Police Quest 1-4
Doom I and II
Duke 3D
Command and Conquer (the very first original)
Warcraft II
Crusader: No Remorse

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I've had several night owl discs, it was a shareware pressed CD targeted for BBSes. I ran my own BBS when I was 14/15 (10 years ago now). So I had probably played all the games on that CD at least once. :) I find it amazing that only 10 years ago I had no idea what a computer was and now I am about to graduate with a degree in Comp Sci and an emphasis on CE. Nice thread btw deesee.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I really didn't have access to a pc at that time in my life, but when I got one I started playing games such as Duke Nukem 3d and Doom.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
The farthest back I remember is when I was about 12-13 years old, when I first started playing PC games. I think one of the first games I played was Civilization. Definatly a classic. I was also into some driving games, and a bunch of games that came with QBasic... and... a game called Scorched Earth. Also had the PC version of Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles. The consoles definatly had the upper hand with that game, haha. But I had been playing consoles since about 88', so I had been playing games longer than the PC.
- Modem

sir_key

Banned
woo... now that's a tough one... well my first games i played were on my old neighbours computer. they let me play stuff like: sokoban, alleycat and some of these games... as soon as i had a computer myself i had games like, dune 1/2, warcraft 1, settlers 1, nearly every lucas arts game, a lot of those old sierra adventures like leisure suite larry, eye of beholder, king's quest, of course i also play stuff like prince of persia... ah the good old days...

2fast4u

i mainly played the classic lucas adventures for the first time then .. dott, monkey island, zak, etc. that and whacky wheels (shareware of course) and some other little games i cant recall.

OP
deesse

deesse

J'aime ce que tu es
=)

well, as i see there's a lot of souvenirs :)
i appreciate it :)

but a big part of all the games "here", i didn't know them (maybe some) :blink:

Last edited:

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Commander Keen
Space Quest 3
Broken sword 1 & 2
I had a wresteling game i used to play, i managed to break my dads best flight sim joystick playing that game (he wasn't pleased).
DOTT
Didn't realise there were other briliant Lucas Arts games untill a few years ago but ive played em since (monkey 1-4, Zak, Loom, Indy games, Sam & Max, Full Throttle)
I used to play my mega drive as well, :)