Doom 3 Shots :D

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
shot00001.jpg

shot00002.jpg

shot00003.jpg

shot00004.jpg

jdsony

Ouch, your playing with 256mb of RAM? How is it? I have 512mb and I disabled a crap load of Windows XP services which really helped out Dooms performance.

Also anyone who is using an ATI Card I recommend the new beta Catalyst 4.9 drivers with enhanced Doom 3 performance. I'm guessing they worked over the Open GL drivers a bit.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I run it in 640x480. It actually doesn't consume much ram, but it does need a good video card.

I am running on an Athlon 64-bit 3200+ with 128mb of ram, which alone are fine for the game, but my video card is a measily geforce 4 ti. The reason I know the ram is fine is because there is very little disk activity.

smcd

My obligatory screenshot post (1024*768, most are @ High Quality with full effects):

-Shadow-

Banned
Ah , i've made a fake doom 3 Screen with a LAN-party corpse :D

The lower pic is the original pic with that LAN-Addict :D I found his stare so frightening that i couldn't resist putting it into a dark Doom 3 screen :D

Clements

Finally a game that leaves my computer crying like a baby! Time to upgrade that video card :(

-Shadow-

Banned
Clements said:
Finally a game that leaves my computer crying like a baby! Time to upgrade that video card :(

Whats up with you ? That screen looks good ! Or do you mean the framerate ?

Clements

The frame rate was crappy (almost unplayable), but I turned the res up to try to show a decent shot for the thread. I normally play at 10x7 since it's much less jerky.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I play mine at 1024x768 with High settings. Framerate is pretty great actually. Radeon 9600 here :)

I brightened these shots up, they were FAR too dark... they lose a bit of quality due to jpg too.

jdsony

H3ad5h0tter said:
For all quality freaks out there : There's a mini-mod which activates self-shadowing in doom 3 , just look on this screen :O

Do you really need anymore shadows? heheh. Looks nice but it must make a decent size performance hit.

By the way, where can you play Super Turbo Turkey Puncher? I only saw broken machines in the game.

Last edited:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
H3ad5h0tter said:
For all quality freaks out there : There's a mini-mod which activates self-shadowing in doom 3 , just look on this screen :O

Here's the Download link !

http://doom3.planet-multiplayer.de/download.php?view.68

http://doom3.planet-multiplayer.de/images/news/ueq-mod.jpg

The extra shadowing looks good sometimes but most of the time it's glitchy and really not worth it because when it glitches it just looks plain retarded.

Here's some shots I took. 1024x768, High Detail, 8xAF. Totally playable.

Doom3-7.jpg

Doom3-6.jpg

Doom3-4.jpg

Doom3-3.jpg

Doom3-one.jpg

Doom3-two.jpg

Doom3-plop.jpg

BeforeSouls1.jpg

Lost souls are annoying little bastards.

LostSoul1.jpg

LostSoul2.jpg

Enpro1.jpg

And two shots from the Reactor MP map.

Doom3MP-3.jpg

Doom3MP-4.jpg

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
jdsony said:
Do you really need anymore shadows? heheh. Looks nice but it must make a decent size performance hit.

By the way, where can you play Super Turbo Turkey Puncher? I only saw broken machines in the game.

You can NEVER have enough shadows ;)

You play that game before you go down to meet that dude (where the hell begins...)

I felt like taking more shots, so i did, this time i used 2x AA, suprisingly, my system still manages a decent framerate...This game feels more and more like Doom as it goes along, can't believe there are people disappointed with this game, it rules.

-Shadow-

Banned
jdsony said:

It didn't make any performance hit at all :p Radeon 9800 Pro Rulz :D

-Shadow-

Banned
Sayargh said:
You can NEVER have enough shadows ;)

You play that game before you go down to meet that dude (where the hell begins...)

I felt like taking more shots, so i did, this time i used 2x AA, suprisingly, my system still manages a decent framerate...This game feels more and more like Doom as it goes along, can't believe there are people disappointed with this game, it rules.

You found people who are disappointed about this game ?! Where ? WHERE ? Gimme a link or i won't believe you :p ( sry 4 double post )

jdsony

I gotta a 9800 Pro, I'll give the self shadows a try but even with a 9800 pro conserving performance in this game is wise. I only have an XP 2000+ which I'm upgrading this week so should be better.

I'm not suprised some people hate the game. It's impossible for everyone to like a game. It's funny because some people are let down so easily. If you ask everyone if they liked Doom 1 I'm sure over 90% would say yes. Probably very similar results to half-life. If you asked everyone if they liked Doom when it came out I'm sure there would have been mixed results and even more so with Half-life. Doom was big but it was so long ago (and the web wasn't around) that likely no one can remember anyone badmouthing it. The fact that the game was more of a suprise also helped a lot. Half-life got a lot more hype than Doom 1 so likely it was bashed a little more. Maybe it would be appropriate to tell people who "hate" a game such as Doom 3, or Half-Life 2 when it comes out, that they are stupid for getting caught up in the hype and not realizing that it wasn't going to be to their liking. It makes me wonder if these people had extremely high hopes or if they knew they weren't going to like it but tried to play it anyway.

Last edited: