What's new

Doom 3 Shots :D

smcd

No, cooliscool, you can get it from a MartianBuddy cabinet later in the game as well, or from a *won't spoil the game for you, you'll see* :D.

Has anyone found the id "easter egg?" I took some screenshots of it and will upload them in a while.

OP
CoDeX

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
shot00020.jpg

shot00022.jpg

shot00023.jpg

shot00024.jpg

shot00026.jpg

shot00027.jpg

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
sethmcdoogle said:
Has anyone found the id "easter egg?" I took some screenshots of it and will upload them in a while.

If you're talking about the special PDA then yes. There are some pretty funny comments in it.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
CAUTION: THIS POST CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT MAY COUNT AS SPOILER TO SOME PEOPLE

I just found the ID thingie before I beat the game. Did it in about 5 days of on and off playing, hardest difficulty. This tells me it wasn't quite as long as half life.

All in all a very good game, but the storyline went a bit on the bland side towards the end; just before you enter hell, up until you get the soulcube. The storyline picked up a bit after that, but the whole ancient civilization thing could have been done in a much more dramatic/better way. The main thing I was thinking before the hell part was was "now why am I after the soulcube again?" (when the voices were mentioning the "item I seek," but I don't quite remember actively seeking it for any particular purpose relating to the story, at least up until after I actually got it) But the ending itself was good :D

Last edited:

Knuckles

Just for some people that thing that their PC won't run the game because it's under the minimum system requierment , well, I tested Doom 3 on a PC under the required specs (in some points) and it runs fine most of the time!
Specs:
Mobo : Aopen AX63Pro - Via Appolo133Pro+ Chipset
CPU : Intel Pentium III 666Mhz (133x5.0)
RAM : 2X 64MB SDRAM PC133 (non-ECC)
Video Card : MSI GF4MX440SE-T 64MB DDR AGP 4X - Latest Forceware XP drivers
Audio Card : Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital (SB0220)
HD: Seagate 4.3GB HD (Doom3 takes only 1.5GB)

Doom 3 settings:
-Low details
-640x480
-everything at off in the advanced video options

Game takes a while to load (still average, take some mins, ingame, when game is fully loaded, the FPS goes from 8 to 20 at some places, it might drop a bit in big rooms with many special effects but it's mostly playable and the PC doesn't overheat :p

If you still don't want to buy the game because you are still not sure, don't buy it, it might work great for me but not for others......

Last edited: