What's new

Dolphin Memcard Merger ALPHA

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
A simple program I made, which takes a downloaded .gcs or .gci save file and a small generic Dolphin .raw save file (memcard_a.raw, included), merges the two at 0000BFF1, clears the .gcs or .gci file's header, and generates a .raw file (be sure to name it memcard_a.raw for slot 1 or memcard_b.raw for slot 2 then place it in Dolphin's DATA directory) that in theory can be used by Dolphin. The downside is that you will have to constantly replace and backup your memcards to test out new ones generated by this app.

Latest version is 1.03a.

Source and binary available, do as you will with either one. :)

Last edited:

raksmey1309

What a nice day....Thanks u very much.I will make alot games save since i have more than a 100 games.:D
Edit:But how does it work cooliscool?

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
First, select your memcard_a.raw or memcard_b.raw, then select the downloaded save file to merge with, and click save (you'll have to manually enter memcard_a.raw in save as.. a little bug).

Downloaded save files may require a cleaner to kill the header made by the backup device, but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Can you post your memcard file and downloaded save here for me? I'm pretty sure it's got to do with the header I mentioned above.

Oh, and be sure to backup any other saves!

Last edited:

pennsu

Do you mean the paper mario save? or my corrupted save?
Whatever. I will attach the paper mario save.

Coco

Ideally he'd want the downloaded save (what you posted) and a working paper mario save, just one right at that start so he can see how it's suppost to look. If it's not possible to make a working one at the start then I guess he'd want the corrupted one memcard file as well.

raksmey1309

Thanks I will try it.
Edit:I will send my Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos gamesave to u to make a complete save one tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Sure Raksmey. :)

Okay, one more try with this app.. this version is a bit different - you need to use the included memcard_a.raw, as now the program by default starts the injection process at offset 0000BC00 (where the first file begins, in this .raw at least), and deletes 8 bytes (header) from the start of the .gcs. Also, it only supports .gcs files, I can't determine the stop of the header on anything but .gcs at the time being, and it seems to be the only consistent filetype.

It's tedious to keep replacing your memcard file, but it's easier than manual injection.

Ah well, try this one out while I go think of something else. Although, I know it works with WW .gcs files, so it's something. :p

Last edited:

raksmey1309

Just thinking make me very happy already.Awesome application.
Cant wait to test it tonight.:D

Last edited:

pennsu

Nope. The newer version save the exactly same original game save. It doesn't really change to .raw
There are something wrong with your code.

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
If you overwrote another .raw file that will happen. You have to save it as a new memcard_a.raw file.

I know it's tedious, but it's still easier than manual injection. I have some ideas for the app and I'll work on it more tonight.

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Alright.. then I guess each game has a unique ID somewhere in the file. Try a Wind Waker .gcs, at the very least that should work.

Back to the drawing board!

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Eek... .net framework! Don't have the dlls on this computer. I'll try it later on my laptop. Don't use .net! :p

Does this just copy the data from one save format into a dolphin save file? I'd imagine it doesn't do much else, aye?

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The essential parts of the save data (it deletes the header made by the copying device), then overwrites (doesn't append) the working data at 0000BC00, which is where the reading starts in the .raw I included. Theoretically that's all it takes, but somewhere before BC00 there's a unique ID for each game save.

Shizzie, would you consider looking at the source (VB Express 2005) and make some improvements? I know you can. :p

Last edited:

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Yeah, I'll check it out. I'm not a VB guy, but I'll port it to C++ if you would like. Like I said, I can't imagine there's a ton going on in there. Would be neat if a GUI was added to it, with reading banners and things (then again, I'm not sure exactly how it's all stored, havn't looked into it at all), and set it up similiar to the actual GCN memory card editor. PM me if you'd like, or hop on the emu64 irc.

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah, a C port would be nice. I'll find you on IRC.

As far as banner reading goes, that won't be hard to do at all.. could also read headers and give game name, etc.. but the first thing is to get it to work correctly. The problem is how dynamic the memcard file is, haven't completely figured it out yet. :p