What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support) - Shots

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
No, though I'm actually working on a 3rd party hack to get around it.. can almost guarantee success due to the nature of the error (game waits for a value to be returned, Dolphin doesn't do it). :)

Knuckles

the problem is audio related. When you get an item, it plays a sound and the game waits for the message that the sound stopped to play to continue. Since sound in Nintendo games isn't emulated, the sound never plays .. so it can't stop (so the game just waits forever for a sound not playing to stop). There's a patch for it, there's a certain instruction you can cancel that will make it go without problems.... by dolphin's lack of patching system... it can't be done that way.

The GCM itself would need to get modified...

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
clipboard01jf5.png

clipboard03xf3.png

All done in RAM with ArtMoney (documenting WW's text codes also - they're frighteningly primitive).

Last edited:

Nintendo Ace

The only thing I need now is a good graphics card and a copy of windows 64 and I can have shots like this too;). By the way these shots of Zelda WW are awesome:), Good job Dolphin team, keep it up!!

lightchris

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3737/clipboard01jf5.png

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8249/clipboard03xf3.png

All done in RAM with ArtMoney (documenting WW's text codes also - they're frighteningly primitive).

:D

Looks great. So can this be released as a patch or being integrated in Dolphin for the next release and you don't need to modify the .gcm?

edit: I searched the internet and found out that ArtMoney is a cheating software. How is this connected to Dolphin? Did you manually change the contents of you RAM?

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
:D

Looks great. So can this be released as a patch or being integrated in Dolphin for the next release and you don't need to modify the .gcm?

edit: I searched the internet and found out that ArtMoney is a cheating software. How is this connected to Dolphin? Did you manually change the contents of you RAM?

ArtMoney is simply a process memory editor.. predominantly used for cheating in games, but potentially anything regarding a process's RAM.

The user would have to use ArtMoney, no way around it (unless Dolphin devs add a patch system, as knuckles pointed out).

Don't have much to show just yet (finding the end of the application RAM is a little difficult), but I'm working on it.

Knuckles

I never say there wasn't other ways. I mean for "Simple" users , it can't really be done by just adding a line in a config file :p

mrdj

Gr8 screens of WW there :bouncy:. One question, when you get up sush hight fps, is dolphin able to make the audio then? Or does it just not suport sound yet?..keep it up dolphin team! :beer:

lightchris

Gr8 screens of WW there :bouncy:. One question, when you get up sush hight fps, is dolphin able to make the audio then? Or does it just not suport sound yet?..keep it up dolphin team! :beer:

It just doesn't support Audio in many games. It's not dependent on the fps.

xtra krazzy

Dolphin Developer
Vista x64 registers that only the first core is 100% active, both on dual core mode(which won't run the games) and without.. The second core is unused!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yep, tons more WW shots. This time, playing through Ganon's Tower (used a save I made a long time ago - it's in the "Complete Game Saves" section). I plan on playing all the way through, and posting shots as I go. After that, that's the last of the WW shots from me, promise! Photubucketed for convenience. Lots of different games soon.

With regards to my impressions, Dolphin is by far the single most impressive program I've ever used. Nothing comes close. My greatest thanks and accolades, f|res and ector.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/cooliscool123/