What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 BETA Released

OmegaForte

I would assume, not being a programmer, just your every day cracker, that the GPU is supposed to process graphics. Everything about the graphics. Even the FPS timer.

BlueFalcon7

I would assume that an everyday cracker would think that.

but, theres more to it...
you see, the GC runs on a power PC CPU, and now, the only things tat run on a power PC processor, are the power Macs. PCs and all other Macs use x86. the point im trying to get at is that power PC emulation on an x86 is extremely time consuming. So right now, when you run dolphin your graphics card is barely doing anything. Your CPU cant tell your GPU what to do, because its still processing what happens.

Demetris

Windows Vista

Hello,
Something i was thinking for a long time.
When vista will be available and as we all know vista uses the gpu as a seperate kind of cpu through driver.
Will it be possible to use a second core only for grafix, what i mean is:
I. 1st main core ppc cpu emulation handled by the cpu
II. 2nd core Flipper gpu emulation handled by the gpu.This case also make me think of ATI owners will it be possible to forward the flipper registers on the fly into the pcs
grfx card? Some thing on flipper must be the same with latest ati cards released this years so some things in the emulation core will not need to be emulated as they are already build into the pc gfx card already.

Just my 2cents.
Thanks for everything Dolphin team and beta testers!
Keep up

fibertech

Tcd said:
Just stop complaining and buy a gamecube. I just bought one. They are very cheap now. It has gone some years man. Just buy a gamecube and play

Its not that we don't want to buy a gamecube... (heck, I have 2) its that we want a challenge; to see if we can emulate it... its about exploring possibilities and using teamwork to make a great program. Besides, ive never seen an brand NEW console that was perfectly emulated.

Edit: Oh yea, thanks for the release!

kaykay

Ogle.

Wow, this gamecube emu is great!

I tried using it with GLIntercept & Ogle, to rip some models. But for some reason I can't get that to work. Does Dolphin use the Opengl32.dll?

Thanx
Kay-Kay

kaykay

Yeah, I noticed that too late.
Dolphin is a directX gadget :p

I'm trying the ripper now, but I don't use 3dsmax so I gotta go find that somewhere. Do people still use that?

Thanx buddy!
Kay.

Maniac-X

BlueFalcon7 said:
I would assume that an everyday cracker would think that.

but, theres more to it...
you see, the GC runs on a power PC CPU, and now, the only things tat run on a power PC processor, are the power Macs. PCs and all other Macs use x86. the point im trying to get at is that power PC emulation on an x86 is extremely time consuming. So right now, when you run dolphin your graphics card is barely doing anything. Your CPU cant tell your GPU what to do, because its still processing what happens.

Part of that has to do with the "endianness" of the processors in question. Endianness is basically the word which describes how the computer counts numbers.

People are "big-endian." Big endian is the way we normally deal with numbers: the most significant byte or digits are placed leftmost in the structure (the big end).

x86 processors are "little-endian," which means they do the exact opposite: the least significant byte or digit is placed leftmost in the structure (the little end).

PPC processors are bi-endian, which means they can deal with data being stored in either fashion in their memory addresses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness

BlueFalcon7

Maniac-X said:
Part of that has to do with the "endianness" of the processors in question. Endianness is basically the word which describes how the computer counts numbers.

People are "big-endian." Big endian is the way we normally deal with numbers: the most significant byte or digits are placed leftmost in the structure (the big end).

x86 processors are "little-endian," which means they do the exact opposite: the least significant byte or digit is placed leftmost in the structure (the little end).

PPC processors are bi-endian, which means they can deal with data being stored in either fashion in their memory addresses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness
The point I was trying to make is that the arcetecture is different and processing everything including the graphics is very time consuming on an x86 ;)

matt2110

I wonder if this wouldn't work better in a linux version but anyway, good job, just waiting for better speed.

Slipknot

I can't install it :( My computer complains it's an incomplete installer and something about using /NCRC on the command line (which doesn't solve the problem)

jGas

:bouncy: HI to all!! i'm new and i've got a question for you..

so please don't ban me!!

i've read on the official dolphin website that there won't be new versions of dolphin but..1.03.2 beta is a new version!!!:plain:

i can't understand...

it's the first time i'm looking to gamecube emulation so please help me a little bit!!

tnx!:flowers:

Sercio

the 1.03..2..... Beta alpha stuff was only avaible on this forum!
Read the another sticky for more

hello everybody! i'm new here and this is the first time i post so... reading your posted messages i can figure that you are actually using this emulator and i would really like if somebody could tell me how to make GC games work or how to configure this dolphin emulator to run the games; it seems to be apretty good one but i downloaded a couple of games like pokemon colosseum y pokemon xd (both about 1.4gb each) and couldnt play them (i have a pretty powerful pc so thats not the problem). please tell me a couple of things more: what games are emulated for sure? (i heared something bout the zelda wind waker but plz recommend me some other to download); and the last thing: when i open the emulator it says no joystick found. i dont have a joystick so please tell me how can i configure the GC joystick to my pc keyboard. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND SORRY FOR THE BOTHERS :)))))

romdude12

301286 said:
hello everybody! i'm new here and this is the first time i post so... reading your posted messages i can figure that you are actually using this emulator and i would really like if somebody could tell me how to make GC games work or how to configure this dolphin emulator to run the games; it seems to be apretty good one but i downloaded a couple of games like pokemon colosseum y pokemon xd (both about 1.4gb each) and couldnt play them (i have a pretty powerful pc so thats not the problem). please tell me a couple of things more: what games are emulated for sure? (i heared something bout the zelda wind waker but plz recommend me some other to download); and the last thing: when i open the emulator it says no joystick found. i dont have a joystick so please tell me how can i configure the GC joystick to my pc keyboard. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND SORRY FOR THE BOTHERS :)))))
Truth is you won't get much from the emulator as you are expecting.You can have the Best PC and games won't really increase in performance,i went from a Geforce FX 5200 Athlon XP 2800+ 512 MB Ram,To Athlon 64 3200+ 2 gig of ram and Geforce 6800 GPU,You think the emulator runs better with games?

I'm not sure what games work the best in it,But i actually got Super Smash Bros Melee to work. 7 - 10 FPS Not nearly as slow as some of the other games.
You should be able to assign your keyboard in the Dolphin Configuration.Just change the Pad input.And configure it to your needs.

smash-bros-melee.jpg