What's new

Do you guys remember first release ? ( nostalgic ...)

Musashi

Blue
I guess that is one of the rewards for being one of the most respected icons in the emulation scene...
;)

Tesla-Guy

Well, i was more interested in snes/sega megadrive emulation those days :) i only came when nemu0.5 was out

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hehe, i hated nemu in my n00b days. it was too slow for my p2 233 with 32sdram, much prefered goo 'ol corn and uhle. then i got this computer, and nemu became my favourite.

same ere sk8bloke, on my celeron 400 it successfully ran mario kart at 10fps without sound! but when i got my new beast rig all that changed :D to quote smiff, "when youve got the mahcine its goooooooood isnt it ;)"

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Heh, I only found it when it was 0.7 :blush:
But I must admit, that it was probably the best emulator I thought then, since it ran my games at a decent speed and had somewhat compability :)

B

Blade64

Nemu commands alot of respect because it has been there from the beginning. This is why we are happy waiting for Nemu 0.8. I came in at 0.5. Was the first version compatible with any games?

the gap between 0.5 and 0.7 from the users perspective was massive, in fact every release has had a larger and larger impact, so i cant see how theyd want to release a 0.8 that didnt surpass 0.7 by quite some way

Seta-San

past

I don't think that any of us will see a release soon so you mise as well live in the past :_. Lemmy and LaC seem much to busy with Real Life to be seriously working on NEmu. But then again they could be developing like hell behind our back and never telling us about it. Anyway neither of them are going to make regular reports, about a year ago I talked with hWnd and he said that he was responsible for the last release, lemmy didn't want to release it. He also said that Lemmy likes things *perfect* as in the right time/compatibility/speed for a release. i never see LaC on IRC anymore and Lemmy is on about once a month so either they are preparing for the release or losing all interest.

Lemmy

We never lost interest in Nemu64. When I sit at work I am always excited about working on nemu at the evening. But having just a few hours a day to work on such a big project is just not much time. Because it needs some time to get into it again and again.

The time between the releases seems to be a little more than it used to be....I remember my record with three releases on a single day.

But back then it was different: I was working alone on nemu and every little change usually had a large impact on compatibility. So I got more and more demos running and released all the time.

Nowadays i have to get real games running which is much more work. And people will run it on 500 mhz cpus or even lower. And Voodoo3s....doh.

"Losing" hWnd really put us back....although I think my graphics are now superior we lost a lot of time. But who cares about that now :)

So whats my point? hrm...forgot it. nice thread, was fun to read

milen

Lemmy you said voodoo3s. Will nemu support voodoo cards?
If so i'll be very happy cause i have banshee
At least not to hang the hole system like jabo's plugin.
Pls, give me answer!!!!

The same posts with the same answers again and again and again and again:sleepy: So what if they release it on 2005 or 2049 or 2099.It's their emulator and they have no obligation to noone to release it in a date that people want.Besides now that there is another post like this Lemmy has already added 2 weeks for the release.It's your choise people,you can post as many threads like this you like.But remember: 1 thread like this=2 weeks later for the release:p

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
theres nothing wrong with the thread.

I got into n64 emulation in 2001 with this comp (my previous one being a 150 mhz :cry: :p ) and i used Nemu 0.7a first. I really thought that it was great and could play my n64 games on my comp, but there was no frame limit option, giving me over 100 f/s which made it hard to play games properly. However, the graphics looked really cool.

OP
S

samura

Lemmy is covered with reason. None of us will doubt Nemu complexity grow exponencially with time. Bugs are more difficult to find, 400 games compatibility, visual, audio glitches. Things aren't as simple as websurfing. Lemmy and Lac are excellent persons, talented programmers and share same pleasues we do ..EMULATION. We are proud them and beside some people( lamers) I'm pretty sure they're proud of us, too.

B

Blade64

The KEY thing about NEMU0.8 has to be Banjo-Tooie. The copy-protection is HELL!!! And to crack it is an immense talent!!! That is the reason I am dying for a release so I can play it on my laptop on the train cos apart from that I don't have time to play the real game at home. I hope it is released soon BUT... it is totally their choice and they will release when ready.
Blade