What's new

Complex - Discussions here

Vegetable

Banned
Hoooly crap. Man, these are some AWESOME maps for ut2k4! I haven't seen any better designed maps for this game yet. It's sad though that you haven't updated any news on the site, but still, DAMN.

Viper_Viper

Got a question, is the complex from Goldeneye or Perfect Dark? There are a few small differences but I was just wondering.

PS: i abandoned my link 3d thing for now. I decided to make a 9/11 music video from Yellowcard's song Beleave. Im lookin for footage at the moment

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
The complex is from Goldeneye. Awesome multiplayer map. It'd be awesome if you could make some mod for UT2K4 that would make the game exactly like the N64 version as well, heh heh. Hey, there's always hope! :D
- Modem

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

(there is a Goldeneye mod for UT2004 in progress - I'm in the team for the maps :p)

News: Complex Release!!!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

EDIT: forgot to add the static Meshes file to the zip :doh: redownload if you already did before this edit

make part of any comments / bugs you find!

Last edited:

Gekko

Ok, I've been checking this topic for a few weeks now and finally decided to register just to comment you...

I used to play the PD levels for hours on end, and I'm very glad to see you remaking these. Playing with a slower game speed definately helps...

I have only one suggestion for Complex, and one bug. You should either make the water a kill zone, or make invisible barriers around them. The fact that you can walk on the water really kills this level.

The bug being in the room with where you can climb the grating to the top where the shield is (used to be a semi-secret area in PD), you can jump up on part of the walls and see the other side, but you can't go there. Probably should fix this...

Lastly, I think it's awesome you're also making Carrington Institute, but you must, must, must make Area 52! Please consider it as a next map. Keep up the great work, you're really awesome for remaking these classics!

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Cooooolllll!!! Now my next step... to... buy UT2K4! Hehe. I'll just keep your map on my computer 'till I get the mulah to buy it. Saving up everything because I've gotta travel to Wyoming soon. Gas sure is expensive these days. :)
- Modem

SubDrag

I'm looking forward to citadel...although maybe we'll get it on console eventually...nice work btw, your maps are looking awesome!

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Gekko said:
I have only one suggestion for Complex, and one bug. You should either make the water a kill zone, or make invisible barriers around them. The fact that you can walk on the water really kills this level.

Yeah I know, I was still thinking about that, the problem with an invisible wall is that it doesn't only stops players, but also bullets and the bots to see you. too bad we can't disable the jump fonction (as in PD)

Gekko said:
The bug being in the room with where you can climb the grating to the top where the shield is (used to be a semi-secret area in PD), you can jump up on part of the walls and see the other side, but you can't go there. Probably should fix this...

Yeah, didn't thought you could be able to get there, I will do an update that avoid this, thanks for the report :)

And about Area 52, I think I will do it next, you are motivating me. which is great :)

Also, it's great to hear all these comments :), maybe the next map will come faster like this!

Gekko

Kill zone would be better then. You can still jump across, but it adds some risk. You should make a water volume though like on Ice Tomb, so falling in the water will show you slowly sinking towards the bottom :)

Well, I'm loving these. Can't wait for future ones, maybe we could see Felicity show up some day too. Good luck with them.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I like it, but it's a bit cramped. I don't remember the real thing being this cramped. I also agree about the water being a solid surface instead of actual water, it's a bit annoying.

Gekko

It's completely accurate. Try lowering the game speed to 0.80 or below, things become more like PD.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Gekko said:
It's completely accurate. Try lowering the game speed to 0.80 or below, things become more like PD.

It's still a bit too cramped. I mean, I know he wants it to be accurate, but that doesn't make the map fun. A lot of UT's weapons have splash damage, and with these small spaces you'll end up killing yourself before you kill your enemy.

siegemode

FO Map

Hey Knuckles, love the map dude. How would you feel about letting me convert it to a Frag Ops (a UT2K4 mod) map? We already have 007 Stack and i think this would be an awesome addition to the lineup.