What's new

Complex - Discussions here

Knuckles

Let's revive this thread! :D here we go, I started to make the complex, the DataDyne tower will be delayed since I need a better CPU, more RAM and another Hard drive because with my settings, It takes too long to compile and stuffs. So now, here's the 2 first shots of the complex in UT2k3.

NOTE: the mod will be moved to ut2k4 when it will be out, (we will have the hoverbiker! :p)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Very cool, and reading back at the beginning of this thread people were talking about other game maps that could be ported, Hyrule Field from OOT would be kind of cool, or the caverns from goldeneye.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Hexidecimal said:
Very cool, and reading back at the beginning of this thread people were talking about other game maps that could be ported, Hyrule Field from OOT would be kind of cool, or the caverns from goldeneye.

It could be done, but right now, it's for the mod. I can do the other ones, no probs, but, later ;)

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Before anything happens, I want to say, this topic is only for Maps I made from Perfect Dark for UT2k3/4, please dont post other shots of other games conversion( of course, you can post replies, no probs for that :p). I't's my first topic with so much replies. thanks to those that understand. For the others who won't, ********

Last edited:

flummoxed

Hey man, I love the maps, keep up the great work ravine was one of my favourite levels to play in Perfect Dark, glad it was the first done :p

And I'm glad you're making Complex now, I'd say I played that map the most in GoldenEye and Perfect Dark

Heh, maybe if I'm not too impotent of a coder I can cook up a Slayer mut, and now my friends cant cheat by looking at my screen :D

Last edited:

NeoNight

a slayer mut could be easy to do no? seeing as how the slayer is basically the redeemer with a differen't model/texture.

flummoxed

yeah, but i mean they're slightly different

you could control the speed of the slayer somewhat, and it also didnt blow up the whole map :p

but even though its that simple i'll prolly still have trouble figuring it out

gandalf

Member ready to help
Well,nice shots!.
MMMM.....I can see,the editor it´s very similar to Valve Hammer Editor (yea,i made maps for half-life,Counter-strike),the engine very similar....
But UT has much better engine

Last edited:

NeoNight

hey Knuckles will all of the data dyne building be accessible? or just the parts of it that was featured in pd?

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

well, it was supposed to be the whole tower, but the prob is ... the compilation. since it take already a while to compile everything with only 2 story + the roof, I don't think there will all of them, for now, only those normally accessible in the normal game will be. other will be added later when I will have a faster CPU and more RAM.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

well, normally, it takes only 30-45 secs for a full compile, but now , it takes 2 to 3 mins to compile.... and since I need to compile very often, it's really hard to work.

gandalf

Member ready to help
HA!,I take more tha 10 minutes to compile a simple map for Counter-strike!,well its my proccesor,its slooooooowwww :(

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

News, I continued the complex today, here's some shots:

complex_update1.JPG

complex_update2.JPG

complex_update3.JPG

enjoy :p

NeoNight

this might make a nice assualt map, maybe with the same objectives you'd have to do in PD lol (j/k) keep up the great work!

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

ok, now, I need someone to extract ALL the Complex textures (from the N64 original game or rom). I want the original ones, NOT A PRINT SCREEN WITH CUT AND RESIZE! all textures need to be in 32x32, 64x64 128x128 or 256x256 (in their default size). I need the original ones without lighting on them. I have some missing textures that the icepir8's TR64 OGL plugin can't show/extract. So any help would be really appreciated (even (specially) by video plugins devs!)

thanks in advance!

Last edited: