What's new

China: The Emerging Superpower

Will China become the world's main superpower?

• Yep

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Whatever... I like in a cave so I don't really care

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

yegosimo

Bug Killer
I've heard a lot about this. China will possibly be the 21st century superpower of the world, since of so many factors like the size of its population, of its territory, and obviously their economic power.
You know... it may someday cause a revolution, a war or something (that would probably be WW3) and then China would become the new superpower, leaving the US behind, just like when the US became the world's superpower and left the UK behind...
Here's an article about this: China: The Emerging Superpower
Would you consider/like to have China as the world's main superpower? Do you think that this will actually happen? What would happen to the rest of the world then?... I leave you guys thinking...

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Didn't voted, why? even when is a really good emerging economy and have military power, history hasn't been writed...

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
History hasn't been written, but it's just an opinion. Just base on the actual facts...

Cid

w00t! What part of the world do you think i come from, huh? :bouncy:

I gonna to take a crazy guess and say the US unless your avatat lies :D
Anyway, I don't care what is happen the world unless it doesn't affect me. :evil:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Forget the USA and China, what about Europe, us Europeans will become a super-power soon enough :D

pegasus001

Normal User
I guess it is very soon for china to become the worlds superpower, because many of them are dying from hunger, so she(china) would better feed her people and then think of becoming really a superpower. And in nowdays it is not an easy task to become one. There are too many wealthy countries and china is not one of them.

A.I.

Banned
The only super power I wanna hear about is Spiderman...

World politics bore and depress me.

Make PJ64 not war! :flowers:

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
Forget the USA and China, what about Europe, us Europeans will become a super-power soon enough :D

Some European countries are already super powers, like UK, Germany, France, etc.
I mean about the future "Ruler of the World", position occupied today by the US. I think that China would become the 21st century main superpower because of its population and its growing economy. (Shessh... 1 billion of Chinese dudes wandering around are a lot of cheap workers :evil:...)
Also, don't you see that almost every cheap toy says "MADE IN CHINA" in it??? That shows how economically powerful China is...

LOTS OF WORKERS + SMART GOVERNOR = LOTS OF MONEY = Ability to buy a huge missile and blow up the US to be the next world's superpower :p

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Whats scary about China becoming the dominant power is that they have entirely different views on Human Rights. Theyre influence could have a profoundly negative effect on traditional global norms.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
They are living that situation!
They think that the dominant nation in the world (USA) is bad for the whole world, you customes and beliefs are weird for them don't you think???

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Not only cheap toys... MSI, Foxconn, Gigabyte, Asus, Asrock and a lot of other mobo /video card brands are chinese

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
Ok... consider that too.
So.. who thinks that China will rule the world in the next century?

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Whats scary about China becoming the dominant power is that they have entirely different views on Human Rights. Theyre influence could have a profoundly negative effect on traditional global norms.
Entirely different to what? USA? Nope. They are almost equally bad when it comes to human rights.

I think Sweden will be the next superpower. First they'll spread IKEAs around the globe and swedenize the whole world. We'll all be Swedes pretty soon...

F

fbff

I visited China for the first time a couple months ago. It was an eye opener. That country is growing so quickly. Things are developing at a great rate there... it is currently in this weird mix of 3rd world and developed world.

Also the amount of people they have there is huge. And they are all working at something. They are not sitting around.

The people there are thinking and coming up with some great ideas. They then use their number to implement these ideas (or copy the ideas from other countries).

China will start becoming rich, due to the amount they export (they are becoming rich by getting the money of the countries that import their stuff).

What do I think will happen to this world? We'll all become Chinese.

BTW, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI ain't Chinese... they're Taiwanese (which is a different country).

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Entirely different to what? USA? Nope. They are almost equally bad when it comes to human rights.

Well, the US decision making always tends to have Christian undertones... for example, stem cell research has fired up a lot of moral and religious questions. Questions that would possibly be overlooked by a society dominated by different beliefs.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
I visited China for the first time a couple months ago. It was an eye opener. That country is growing so quickly. Things are developing at a great rate there... it is currently in this weird mix of 3rd world and developed world.

Also the amount of people they have there is huge. And they are all working at something. They are not sitting around.

The people there are thinking and coming up with some great ideas. They then use their number to implement these ideas (or copy the ideas from other countries).

China will start becoming rich, due to the amount they export (they are becoming rich by getting the money of the countries that import their stuff).

What do I think will happen to this world? We'll all become Chinese.

BTW, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI ain't Chinese... they're Taiwanese (which is a different country).

That's exactly what I mean...
I think that when attempting to make the revolution a lot of countries would join China, maybe their neighbors: Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam... even Japan