What's new

Chankast Utilities v0.01 released

Sultan

I understand Maagic's point quite clearly. There really is no way to know how modifying the 8253/4 controllsers will affect the thousands of variations of PCs out there today. However, I think some people are being unnecessarily antagonistic by berating kryso and his program. There are a lot of good merits. The cheats are IMO a great addition to Chankast. He's currently working on force feedback support, which would be great! There's a phrase "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." I'll ask Kryso to explain speedpig's effects on his page, and add a warning or two into the program (the other features already have warnings about use of the features after init). This version will only work with Chankast alpha v0.1. Hopefully he'll be willing to change things for the next Chankast version, if he continues his utilities at all.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Sultan said:
I understand Maagic's point quite clearly. There really is no way to know how modifying the 8253/4 controllsers will affect the thousands of variations of PCs out there today. However, I think some people are being unnecessarily antagonistic by berating kryso and his program. There are a lot of good merits. The cheats are IMO a great addition to Chankast. He's currently working on force feedback support, which would be great! There's a phrase "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." I'll ask Kryso to explain speedpig's effects on his page, and add a warning or two into the program (the other features already have warnings about use of the features after init). This version will only work with Chankast alpha v0.1. Hopefully he'll be willing to change things for the next Chankast version, if he continues his utilities at all.

Thanks for your timely response to this thread :) It is appreciated :) You can tell Kryso from me that I love the Chankast Utils with the great exception of speedpig. I hope he wasn't too offended by my feedback. I know how hard it is to deal with criticism as I'm an artist so, after much thought, I didn't want him thinking that I totally insulted his work. I only have problems with Speedpig and I have discussed these. Like OzTM, I think the issue would have been more quickly resolved (or even totally avoided) had he placed the warning within the app.

Other than that, Kryso should be thanked by us all for his efforts and time spent.

Yours Sincerely,

Mezkal

DreamcastDC

I ran speedpig, just wonder how do I find out if it did anything to my system?

Could I just quit speedpig or restart to fix i?

thanks

Greggory

DreamcastDC said:
I ran speedpig, just wonder how do I find out if it did anything to my system?

Could I just quit speedpig or restart to fix i?

thanks

Just restart your computer and it goes fully back to normal. :canadian:

IceFlow2

Chrono-Hunte said:
Just Run Chanka 0.1 with Utilities, than use Speedpig than close th eEmulator and run Chanka 0.2 EASY :bouncy:

I don't know what you mean.

I do not want to use speedpig and will not use it for any reason.
How can I run it if the utilities is not installed?

Do you mean run the chanka with utilites program or the chanka 0.1 emulator with the utilities installed?

All I want is the snapit program built in.

Last edited: