What's new

Chankast Utilities v0.01 released

Greggory

achiles said:
my problem is that I cant have the speed pig screen and the chanka running at the same time on my 2.8p4,I have to exit out of speed pig to get back to chankast. If I exit ,the speedpig wont work, Ill try tomorrow with my athlon 2400xp.

That's how it's supposed to be. You can't run both at once. You set the speed pig and forget it (close out of it). I played around with mine and actually IJTF_Cinder is right, when I had it more to slower, it went faster, but I never went all the way, only all the way to fastest. It makes sense too, since the default setting is leaning toward fastest.. which I guess means slowest. Time to test it out again tomorrow. :happy: * time for sleep now :yawn: *

jdsony

hmm SSSSSSppeeeeeeeeeedddddddpiiggggg hhhhaaasssss sooommeee nasty sidddee eeffecctts as yyou caann see heeerrre.

jdsony

jdsony said:
hmm SSSSSSppeeeeeeeeeedddddddpiiggggg hhhhaaasssss sooommeee nasty sidddee eeffecctts as yyou caann see heeerrre.

Not only that, my Windows clock is now 30 minutes ahead and it didn't even speed the game up. Maybe it works for other people but not for me. I have some downloads going and their speed/timeleft is totally off from what it should be saying. I will need to restart to get this working properly. The reason I can type now is because I set Speedpig back to the default, the problem now is all my windows minimize/expand super super slowly.

lasly

Joe Silvera
Did u ask the author for doing such a patch ?

It's uselless really.. Stop those kind of stuff and let the official team work on the real emulator..

I was scared about such a "patch"... I Hope that the original authors will not fell lack of motivation after that...

Please stop it or Ask the Official ALLOW to do that

Ewgf

TeKKeN TaG PLaYeR
SpeedPig doesn't work on my pc. I have a P4 2,8 Ghz 512 mb ram, and Ikaruga worked at 40/50 fps. I started SpeedPig, set it to Fastest but there's isn't any "OK" button. So i closed the window but the speed seems the same, Ikaruga runs again at 40 fps. When I start again Speed Pig the bar is in default position. What's wrong? Thanks and sorry for my English :happy:

Greggory

jdsony said:
Not only that, my Windows clock is now 30 minutes ahead and it didn't even speed the game up. Maybe it works for other people but not for me. I have some downloads going and their speed/timeleft is totally off from what it should be saying. I will need to restart to get this working properly. The reason I can type now is because I set Speedpig back to the default, the problem now is all my windows minimize/expand super super slowly.

Someone already mentioned this before release. Speed Pig speeds up your entire computer, not just chankast and it varies between each game. There will probabaly be a fix in the next version knowing that Speed Pig was only 90% complete.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hope the next release is useable with all three chankast versions, because there weren't a comment about this bad compatibility... just the normal alpha! Isn't there any way to get that working for the other releases? I don't know something about asm hacking, so please be nice to me. :)
I wanna use it@the new gfx version,too, because I don't want to use the old alpha version, because it doesn't looked good.

N7U8Team

Squaresoft74 said:
Speed Pig still doesn't work.
Cheats work now :)
Here's a quick made cht file to get infinite bombs/lives with Psyvariar 2.

Thank you for your cheat, it must be intergate into the next version or CHT integrated

yop

Mad Programmer
Guru64 said:
In what format must the cheats be entered in the .cht files? Codebreaker format or what?

the codes for chankast utilities are kind of similar to codebreakers codes, because he is the only one to not encrypt the adress.

in Marvel Vs. Capcom I found a few adresses and compared them to codebreakers and they were pratically the same

adress found then convert with cheat assistant :

codebreaker code :

so as you can see CodeBreakers add two hexadecimals before the code ( not always 01, can also be 00 or anything else ). but the adress remains the same.so you remove the two first hexadecimals and you have a chankast adress for marvel vs capcom 2.

I haven't tried with others games, because I don't have time to. I hope it will be the same technic.

Code:
[P1 Infinite Health]
ON=268760,90

[P1 1 Hit Death ]
ON=268760,1

[P1 Partner Infinite Health]
ON=2692A8,90

[P1 Max Special]
ON=28964A,5

[P2 Infinite Health]
ON=268D04,90

[P2 1 Hit Death ]
ON=268D04,1

[P2 Partner Infinite Health]
ON=269DF0,90

[P2 Max Special]
ON=28964B,5

[Max Experience]
ON=212C3C,6363

[Infinite Points]
ON=212C3E,270F

[Unlock All Characters]
ON=28C420,FFFFFF
ON=28C424,FFFFFF
ON=28C430,FFFFFF
ON=28C434,FFFFFF

[GameInfo]
Name=MARVEL VS. CAPCOM
System=Dreamcast
Text=Marvel Vs. Capcom by Gunzo

PS: if everybody helps to create the CHT files, in a few time a large database of cheats can be made. :party:
don't be selfish, together is the power :p

Last edited:
OP
I

IJTF_Cinder

yop you are spot on here. Codebreaker codes work perfectly fine. All you have to do is drop that first value.

I made up a CHT file for Cannon Spike

Code:
[Max Score P1]
ON=AB494C,05F5E0FF

[Max Score P2]
ON=AB49E0,05F5E0FF

[Infinite Specials P1]
ON=AB495C,00000004

[Infinite Specials P2]
ON=AB49F0,00000004

[Infinite Credits]
ON=9F2DA0,00000009

[GameInfo]
Name=CANNON SPIKE
System=Dreamcast
Text=Cannon Spike
CHTVer=0.5

For example Infinite Credits on Codebreaker is
019F2DA0

The code you use in the GameBuster is
Code:
9F2DA0,00000009

Off you go to the CodeBreaker website people.

Sultan

I tried a few games' codebreaker codes. Some worked by just dropping the first hex. Others were way off. Maybe they were based on a different version or something.
Project Justice is an example of a game where the codebreaker codes and actual game's addresses don't match up. I'm going to check later today if there's some secondary conversion that can be used. But just wanted to let you know not all codebreaker codes will automatically work.

AaronO

Unemulated
IJTF_Cinder said:
Speed Pig -> Status 90% - Speed Pig is a tool to increase or decrease the delay between refresh of frames on your PC, thus increasing the speed. (Audio gets increased too, so you will want to only use this if you don't mind trading off sound for speed)
It doesn't work for me. When I click on it, I get an image of some Chinese guy pulling a pig, and there's a counter to the lower-left that increases, a bar that you can move to the left and right from "Fastest" to "Slowest" but when I move to "Fastest," nothing speeds up at all.

OP
I

IJTF_Cinder

Readme.txt said:
It still have a little bug and the slider works backwards. Slower = Faster and vice versa.

IJTF_Cinder post #19 on page 2 of thread said:
AFAIK speedpig works backwards. Faster on the slider actually = slower
AND if you go too far with it, you'll actually end up with things going slower than they would without using it. (At least in my experience) Play with it in small increments.

Learn to read first please..........fielding this same question more than once in the same thread is mundane.

AaronO

Unemulated
Well maybe if Speed Pig was easier to understand, then I wouldn't have to ask again. Thanks anyways.

AFAIK speedpig works backwards. Faster on the slider actually = slower
AND if you go too far with it, you'll actually end up with things going slower than they would without using it. (At least in my experience) Play with it in small increments.
I asked you again because it doesn't work.

When you move the bar to "slower", the gameplay gets much slower. And even at small increments, the same thing occurs. I hope Speed Pig gets fixed.

Last edited:

Greggory

Well, they still have to make it for the capcom_hack and the new_gfx hack. I am really waiting for that so I can play some Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. If I put it on fast it will be called "Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 TURBO". :D

I hope Speed Pig get's a nice update too in the next release as well since I have been using it a lot.

AaronO

Unemulated
Greggory said:
Well, they still have to make it for the capcom_hack and the new_gfx hack. I am really waiting for that so I can play some Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. If I put it on fast it will be called "Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 TURBO". :D

I hope Speed Pig get's a nice update too in the next release as well since I have been using it a lot.
I discovered that Speed Pig is pretty bogus. I don't know how it's possible to get that thing working. All the program is is a picture of a pig in China being dragged by some guy with a counter on the lower left-hand corner and some bar saying "Faster" and "Slower" on opposite sides respectively. It does nothing, whether you move towards either direction. Every other utility program in the package works for me, just not that one.

Greggory

It's not bogus because it worked for me and other people as well. It differs on what kind of computer you have and your hardware specifications. Not everything will work for everyone. ;)