What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Banjo-Kazooie Re-textured

snes

V-King said:
Wow, noch n Deutscher, damit wären wir afaik schon 3 :)

and thanks for all those gratz :w00t:

Update probably on Friday. With some of sb_nac0's textures already implemented :)

EDIT:
Yeahyeah, np gandalf ;)

wir sind jetzt 4 :bouncy:

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
snes said:
wir sind jetzt 4 :bouncy:
Anyway it would be good to write in English since this forum is in english and stuff ^^

OK, I just wanted to say something:
Sorry I didn't release the update on Friday.
I'm not good in saying something forth. So I think the release date for any updates in the future will be:
When it's done (since I'vebeen a little busy the last days and haven't been able to make anything for the textures. But that's a different story ^^")

So...expect a v0.03 anytime in the next few...decades...or so...

Codexing

The Xpaniard
I'm sorry, but I had to revive this topic...I just find it one of the best works out there, and I really liked it. But looks like it's already dead, isn't it V-King?

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
Codexing said:
I'm sorry, but I had to revive this topic...I just find it one of the best works out there, and I really liked it. But looks like it's already dead, isn't it V-King?
It's not really dead.
It's more or less...on ice.
I'm atm extremely busy in school (exams and stuff) so I have nearly no time. I'm also working on an RPG made on the RPG Maker 2k which takes a lot of time too (I'm making my own music for it. I think that says more than 1000 words ;) )

I don't know, when I already finish this damn update (I still have to do the inside of termite hill and Mubmo's Hut (both in Mumbo's Mountain)).
Perhaps I'll release a new version in a few days which does NOT contain said areas.
But don't expect anything in the next days.

Sorry guys to let you wait so long :(

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Wow, I love RPGs, good luck on your project! :)

Back to the topic, I think most people are busy studying, working, etc. so don't worry about it. I'm very busy now too, so I know how you feel. :(

Btw, it's nice to know that you're still working in the retexturing project (your progress is wonderful), and retexturing BK is a big challenge due to the huge amount of textures used in the game, so thanks for taking the challenge for this great game, take your time :)

Last edited:

Codexing

The Xpaniard
You're doing an RPG with RPG Maker 2k? Why don't you use RPG maker XP instead? I'ts so much better than the others! It has much better graphics and it supports different sound types too. I did a demo of a game myself with RPG Maker 2003 and once XP was realeased I re-started it again with the new graphics and all.
Maybe you won't like the battle system...it's so....different, but it also lets you create other battle types.
If you learn the script it uses you may then attempt to create your own battle system and all, but I find it way too complicated for me.

As for the demo, I'd release it here, but it's in spanish so...

But that was all off-topic, sry

jdsony

I look forward to see any additions when you get the time. Good work, a tough game to do.

Off topic: I remember using RPG Maker before, it was pretty cool but making an RPG can take a lifetime. Any of you know of a similar program for making horizontal/vertical shooters?

IM0001

heh i see 7zip has been getting a lot more popular. after taking a 900meg movie of mine and turning it into a 400 meg file i was pretty impressed.

jdsony

I have yet to fully understand how to get maximum compression out of it but it definitely works wonders. I have all version of Mario Kart 64 rom in 1 10mb 7zip file. No idea how that works, I think the unzipped size is 200+mb. I assume it finds similarities between them to shrink the size more or something.

Toasty

Sony battery
jdsony said:
I assume it finds similarities between them to shrink the size more or something.
That it does.:) Since all the ROM versions only have a few key differences for the most part, this type of compression is very effective.

OP
V-King

V-King

Just a dude
Yes, from today it is officially dead.
I decided to give up on this huge project. It is rather too much and too hard for me.

Here's the last update from me.
Mumbo's Mountain is almost done. If anyone wants to continue this project, then he or she may do so. I probably won't start this project again. Sorry.

Toasty

Sony battery
Man, no one wants to continue this? :( I'd do it myself but I have no artistic skill what-so-ever. This was a good game too.

macphisto

Well, I've wanted to retexture this myself and have already started. It's a mammoth task, though. I've already made some interesting progress and will post up pics when I get the first outdoor section almost completly done and when I'm satisified. In the meantime, here are a few of what's been done so far.

banjokazooie0rr7.jpg

banjokazooie1ue0.jpg

banjokazooie2ja2.jpg

banjokazooie3gr6.jpg

Clements

A promising start. Banjo-Kazooie is one of those games that benefits most from a retexture as it used some decent texturing to begin with (given the limitations the developers had).