What's new

Apollo SS Thread (formerly known as 'Banjo-Tooie')

B

Blade64

Banjo-Tooie

Great to see you working on Banjo-Tooie Azimer - I was just wondering why this game is so hard to emulate???
What progress are you making?
Blade

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
It's got some very nasty copy protection that needs to be worked around/emulated for the game to function. If you remember Banjo Kazooie on UltraHLE, without an updated INI Banjo was small. That was also due to copy protection.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Yup... special chip. I don't understand it completely yet. This may very well be one of the last things I get done.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Finally got it to work under Apollo. Thanks to icepir8 for the heads up on the "water/cliff" hang.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I've fixed Banjo Tooie so it now works under Apollo. Thanks to icepir8 for the heads up on a what I was missing (and it SHOULD have occurred to me).

Azimer

Emulator Developer
You can kind of see the Car in Cruisin Erotica (from Glide64). There is a huge texture problem with this rom.

FireBone

Emulation's Freak!
i say only respect Azimer, it looks very well for a alpha.
What do you think you want to realease your new emulator or a beta...alpha?
but its great work.

OP
B

Blade64

All I can say is WOW - What plugins are you using ad just how compatible is the game. It looks like Apollo may take it's place umong the greats. How is your OpenGL plugin???

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
What I'd like to know is...
how apollo runs that fast? Did you change the CF, without sound or what?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
OpenGL is coming along. Not much to comment on. For RE II and Tooie, I used Jabo's D3D. Apollo has an uncompatible Dynarec. The pictures shown are using my interpretive (I have done a bunch of fixes on it). Guantlet Legends also seems run as well as it does on PJ64 (where it didn't previously). Sound is enabled in all those, and Apollo's slow speed is from TLB. Both those images are not using TLB at those points. So Apollo is fast. Apollo will be faster once I get the TLB rewritten. That's all for now.

FireBone

Emulation's Freak!
what do you think, how many time you need to do it?
does banjo tooie works complete?
have it grafic bugs?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
FireBone said:
what do you think, how many time you need to do it?
does banjo tooie works complete?
have it grafic bugs?
Duh! It's the gfx plugin that handles the gfx, and that's jabo's plugin.
And I think he needs pretty much more time to crack tooie.