What's new

animal forest translation?

twinkittens

wow

this is exactly what i was looking for, im darn excited now. i loved animal crossings when i had a gc, now i can play the same game dang near...kudos. 2 questions though,

how long before u will be finished.

and would it be appropriate for u to recieve donations for all the hard work you put in?

email me with more details about everything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Quvack

twinkittens said:
this is exactly what i was looking for, im darn excited now. i loved animal crossings when i had a gc, now i can play the same game dang near...kudos. 2 questions though,

how long before u will be finished.

and would it be appropriate for u to recieve donations for all the hard work you put in?

email me with more details about everything, it would be greatly appreciated.

It'll be a while before its 'finished', I'll probably release a patch which just translates the intro and a few other little things soonish, but that wont make it really playable as theres still a hell of a lot of script left to edit after that, and due to the way how certain parts of the game works (eg. letter writing could be a pain to get it working with the prizes and stuff that it gives depending on them), and I'm not even totally sure on that because I dont have the game on GC.

Donations? Lol, naw I'm just doing it in some spare time, its not something I'm devoting a lot of time towards lately, due to university and other life things. But I'll work on it when I get the chance, one thing holding me back a bit is resizing the default text size so its more suitable for English, hopefully I can figure that out soonish, so that and not having an idea of what happening when is a bit of a problem, but donations arent necessary :p It's just a rom hack!

Headshotter: Why would it require both an IPS and an Exe release? They both do the same thing in the end, ones just a little simpler for some people hopefully.

Ahh i've crapped on a wholleeee lot, thats what I get for being bored and uni I guess :)

GreyAlien

Was looking around for a translation of this game for awhile keep up the good work :)
I'm guessing its not possible to get the gamecube version running on the n64.

I have already make a translation that I would be happy to give you people but shorty after I made the translaion and saved it on a disk my computer crashed so I am missing my game. So I will give you the Tranlation if someone is willing to help me REPLACE the game. If you wish to help me and get the translation PM me.

Quvack

alexp2_ad said:
How's this going, any news?

It's been going alright, i've been working on locating some more things and graphics that may need editing, also 'translated' some more of the script. But I havent had a great deal of time lately due to Uni keeping me busy and real life being fairly hectic lately.

gamefan1416 said:
I have already make a translation that I would be happy to give you people but shorty after I made the translaion and saved it on a disk my computer crashed so I am missing my game. So I will give you the Tranlation if someone is willing to help me REPLACE the game. If you wish to help me and get the translation PM me.

Thats sounding a lot like a rom request to me...

twinkittens

uh huh

gamefan1416 said:
I'm just trying to give you guys the translation for Animal Forest. I was just asking for a favor in return.

thats all fine and dandy, but for those of us without the translation your not offering? that seems a little unfair dont you think? the great thing about roms, and anyone working with them, is that its usually openely shared between people, if you do in fact have a fully functional translation, you really should share, or at least work with the guy here that has been working on it for everyone.

Allnatural

gamefan1416 said:
I'm just trying to give you guys the translation for Animal Forest. I was just asking for a favor in return.
Keep your translation, and don't come back.

/banned

loopsider

Allnatural said:
Keep your translation, and don't come back.

/banned

lol like he had one.
"dont you just hate it when you make a translation and happen to save it to a disk and then your computer crashes?" :happy:

Allnatural

loopsider said:
lol like he had one.
"dont you just hate it when you make a translation and happen to save it to a disk and then your computer crashes?" :happy:
Strange that his computer crash was so particular. He lost the rom but not the translation. ;)

machetai

New here

and I just wondered how old this topic was, is there any progress on it or is it finished. I don't mean to be rude and if I am I'm sorry but I'm new to emutalk and I'd really like this translation.

Thanks and 'lo there,
Machetai
Well that's Just Prime-Optimus Primal :bouncy:

Trotterwatch

machetai said:
and I just wondered how old this topic was, is there any progress on it or is it finished. I don't mean to be rude and if I am I'm sorry but I'm new to emutalk and I'd really like this translation.

Thanks and 'lo there,
Machetai
Well that's Just Prime-Optimus Primal :bouncy:
August 13th, 2004, 15:06 was the last post, check above the posters name for the date it was posted.

When there is progress, then Quvack will post it I'm sure :) It's not gonna be finished anytime soon though I figure.

machetai

new here

Hullo there mate, thanks for replying so soon. I can't wait for this patch :bouncy:. This is gonna be great.

Thanks again,
Machetai
Well that's just Prime-Optimus Primal

Quvack

I'm working on it slowly, its difficult when I dont have much idea of whats happening in the game (havent played the GC version before), so I'm just going piece by piece, still finding out new stuff as I go though :) I've been experimenting with using some other parts of the rom to store script which will be useful later on.

GMwizard

I support you all the way Quvack!

By the way, I have a question...
What program or tool do you use to translate it?
I was just wondering, because I want to try manipulating this rom too,
because I have some knowledge of Japanese.

This is what I know: lol...
75% of Hiragana characters, 10% Katakana Characters, Over 100 Kanji characters.

It took me a year to learn. I'm desperate... lol.
^__^

Last edited:

NARUTODUDE

Quvack i am glad someone is translating Animal forest since i have looked everyone for a translation or patch. good luck in your translation

Quvack

GMwizard said:
I support you all the way Quvack!

By the way, I have a question...
What program or tool do you use to translate it?
I was just wondering, because I want to try manipulating this rom too,
because I have some knowledge of Japanese.

This is what I know: lol...
75% of Hiragana characters, 10% Katakana Characters, Over 100 Kanji characters.

It took me a year to learn. I'm desperate... lol.
^__^

Lol your going better than me with Japanese knowledge, I'm using all sorts of tools for it, hex editor, picture viewer, debugger and some custom stuf I've been writing to make some things a lil easier, but its buggy and not of much use at the moment.