What's new

animal forest translation?

Quvack

wrench said:
will ya be able to put up a download soon

i could, but i dont plan on doing it until I clean a few things up, which could be a while depending on free time and stuff.

billforsale

Is there anyway you would convert Sin and Punishment to english? It's my favorite game on the n64. There isn't that much writing so I think it would be pretty simple. It would just require you to redue the menu which is quite large and a few sentences in game. If you would do this I would owe you big time?

Quvack

I've looked into Sin and Punishment before, from what I could tell the graphics were compressed, which makes it difficult to edit them, unless I put uncompressed graphics somewhere in the rom and point to them instead. Might have another look at it sometime though :)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Quvack said:
I've looked into Sin and Punishment before, from what I could tell the graphics were compressed, which makes it difficult to edit them, unless I put uncompressed graphics somewhere in the rom and point to them instead. Might have another look at it sometime though :)
Quvack the next great rom tranlater... I see the future!?!

Quvack

MasterPhW_DX said:
Quvack the next great rom tranlater... I see the future!?!

Lol the problem with that look into the future is that I've no idea of Japanese :p It makes it a lil difficult, but I've been fairly lucky with Animal Forest lately, tracked down a few more things which will help me change a few more things in the game.

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
wow this is amazing! im looking forward to playing this game ^_^ keep up the good work!

Chris_W

wrench said:
Quvaack if you ever still have trouble translating japanese to english you could just use the online translater programme www.altavista.com/babelfish/

No i would say that definitely isn't the way to go lol as it would be a Broken English Translation of the original Jap Lang.

I think Quvack is doing great work and when the time comes to translate the Major text parts not just Intro,Items, etc then I am more then Confidant that he will ask for a Fluent Japanese/English Speaking Member to help Translate the Jap Text to English for Him to insert into the Correct Pointers for Accuracy.

Fantastic Project and i to would love to play this game in English as the Jap (as it is) left me more then Confused :p

Quvack

Thanks Chris_W :)

Your right, I will ask around for a fluent Jananese/English speaking person to help check some things out when the time is right, but I dont feel much point at the moment till I've worked out all I need to work out, or at least a few things which I feel are still needed.

I've spent a while tracking down ways to make accessing various events in the game easier (via creating gameshark codes), and its helped me find a great deal more out about the game, not all directly translation related but still towards how it works.

Jonah

I was just searching for a translation and I came across this thread. I hope you guys can pull it off! I'll keep checking back for updates.

Here is a hint to those of you that cant find the rom. Try searching by it's japanese name, Dobutsu No Mori.

猫々☆

But!

I don't want to be strict, but if you finish the translation, you can not exactly provide the translated ROM without getting banned, can you(?).

So what are you going to do about that?

P.S. Great progress!

Clements

猫々☆ said:
I don't want to be strict, but if you finish the translation, you can not exactly provide the translated ROM without getting banned, can you(?).

So what are you going to do about that?

He would release an IPS patch.

Quvack

Ahh lol so many replies.
Yeah it'll be released as an IPS/APS file, or maybe an exe which will patch it for you (that way the user doesnt require other programs, and doesnt need that much knowlegde, which is a good thing sometimes :p).
It should work fine in any emu which currently runs the game, I'm not hacking any actual code yet, just the script.

-Shadow-

Banned
Quvack said:
Ahh lol so many replies.
Yeah it'll be released as an IPS/APS file, or maybe an exe which will patch it for you (that way the user doesnt require other programs, and doesnt need that much knowlegde, which is a good thing sometimes :p).
It should work fine in any emu which currently runs the game, I'm not hacking any actual code yet, just the script.

/me can't await the release :D

Will you make two versions ? One .exe version and one IPS patch ?!