What's new

AICA emulation

Neillparatzo

Hayguys, what's going on in this forum?

I just thought I'd mention I've got a near-perfect AICA (Dreamcast sound) core, including full DSP emulation, that I did as part of my yet-unreleased Winamp plugin Highly Theoretical. There's a demo of it here -

http://www.neillcorlett.com/etc/htdemo/

...which I don't mind if people share, but it's not totally finished yet. There's still some bugs that cause i.e. missing notes in Skies of Arcadia. Most likely because I got something wrong with the channel info registers, but I haven't felt like tracking down the cause.

Long story short, I wouldn't mind sharing notes or even sharing the full code with you Chankast guys. Lemme know ([email protected]) if you're interested.

Shuyin_DX

Harder,better,faster,stro nger
Is this a plugin for better sound ?

EDIT:If so then could you help out the new version of chankast shenmue still has bad sound.

Clements

He said it's a WinAMP plugin. He is offering help to the Chanka team to improve the sound emulation in Chankast.

:Neill Corlett:! Me is starstruck! :happy:

OP
N

Neillparatzo

Clements said:
He said it's a WinAMP plugin. He is offering help to the Chanka team to improve the sound emulation in Chankast.

Correct. It's not a Chankast plugin. If it were, I wouldn't need to be here. :) I don't even know if Chankast has an AICA plugin API.

Shuyin_DX

I'll try out this plugin and see if it works good or not.

EDIT:I can't find music or sound files in MvsC2.Do we have to rip them some how?

Last edited:

Shuyin_DX

Hmm PSF do we use that to rip the music out of DC games?

EDIT:Where do we get this program at?

Last edited:

Clements

No, PSF is the Playstation sound format, and the DC has to be ripped in a similar way. AFAIK This isn't easy at all, you have to wait for a group to rip the tracks.

baktery

Hi Neillparatzo,

I've not tested your plugin yet, but (reading what you say) it seems to be a ARM7+AICA emulator with a ARM7 program stored in the data files. If it works fine it's a good work, congratulations :)

About the DSP emulation, how are you emulating it? Have you got documentation about the AICA DSP microcodes?