What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

A Link to the Past style Ocarina of Time by JDavis

pedrocasilva

-Link- said:
Hey everyone, I dont know if anyone knows me but..yeah :p I've been working on a LTTP Style OoT also and I talked to JDavis and we have decided to combine projects =D

You can see mine here Ocarina of Time Retextured
welcome then, good to see some life in this thread...

everything looks amazing but that pink hairdo really tickles my eyes... :< (nothing that I can't change with the textures in my possesion though)

the shield looks awesome:
lttpshield4ld.png

Are you going to make a filtered high def version of aLttP like the textures in that shield... or a really retro version? (or both?)
fences1ei.png

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Yeah i like your shield, but i think the rest looks pretty terrible... And i think my world textures are better! :p (I think there are some screenshots of my work on page 11 or so)

-Link-

MuhMuh said:
Yeah i like your shield, but i think the rest looks pretty terrible... And i think my world textures are better! :p (I think there are some screenshots of my work on page 11 or so)

Yeah your are :p But i've only been texturing for like...2 days now? Anyways I changed the hair to brown (its on another page on those other forums) And about the retro/high def thing, Ill probably mix them, and I also got the water done, its on the same page as the hair.

OP
JDavis

JDavis

I do believe the merging of the projects is best, though in the end my vision and Pyro's vision may not match up entirely, so there may be two versions of the pack... It'll still go much faster this way :p

pedrocasilva

-Link- said:
Yeah your are :p But i've only been texturing for like...2 days now? Anyways I changed the hair to brown (its on another page on those other forums) And about the retro/high def thing, Ill probably mix them, and I also got the water done, its on the same page as the hair.
I didn't see the other pages the first time I followed the link...

Indeed, the brown hair looks awesome:
brownhair9rb.png

I might even like it more that way than the original one, or any other that I saw before.

The water also looks good, but I've gotta say it's a shame that it looks so pixelated, yeah I know it's the style and all, but I just think filtered it would look so much cleaner:
water7kj.png

-Link-

Anyways, I've been working with the wall textures for hyrule field and they dont seem to be working...I was checking somthing and I put in Minish Cap style walls (for a side project im doing) and they turned out like this

wtf7uq.png

Do you know why?

Billmaster

Hey MuhMuh you been doing a great job!

Guys I have an Idea for link. Instead of making him 3D use a modifed version of the link sprites from ALttP!

Unusual_Rex

&#29645;&#12375;&#12356;&#2957
Excelent Shield!!! It's downright amazing but... the rest of the game looks too "ALTTPish" whereas your shield (as good as it is) doesn't your basically contrasting realistic with unrealistic graphics. I think in my own opinion you should decide upon a style to use. Maybe a combanation of the two? Like keep the original shape but high-res it? So you have a realistic version of the game? I'm not sure just a though I had, keep up the amazing work! :)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Well, it´s his project, so that really is up to him, only him and nobody else than him. I think it is supposed to look ALTTPish, since he you know, said it...

Kerber2k

I dont think you can make ALTTP realistic...its just not possiable you might as well just wait for Kmans pack if thats the direction. The only way to make this project actually high-rez is to re-make the actual textures instead of taking screenshots. I leave you with a example I created. The link to the past tree.

Toasty

Sony battery
Billmaster said:
Guys I have an Idea for link. Instead of making him 3D use a modifed version of the link sprites from ALttP!
Not possible. Only textures can be changed, not models.

El Kameleon

i'll be honest, this graphic direction is very nostalgic and fun looking, but really not worth sweating over. i'd just go head and do one part of the game and leave it at that. but thats just my opinion.

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
jynx said:
who said old skool cant rule
Trust me, old school rules! This pack is going in the right direction, it's exactly what it says it is, A Link to the Past style Ocarina of Time.