What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

A general note about remaking textures..

zorbid

I know I'ts not really my business, since I have neither the skills nor the time to particiate to the project, but, whatever, here are my two cents:

I think that, in order to be successful, this kind of project has to be artistically faithfull to the original.

I don't mean that every texture has to be 100% faithfull to it's original counterpart, but that the whole package has to be consistent with itself and with the game universe.

An assembled texture pack with various textures coming from different artists with different visions of a game (or no vision at all) would be an insult to the original game. Hi res is not useful if it's not beautifull..

Multiple packages, each with it's own coherent vision, for a single game, woudn't shock me, though.

I wish you the best luck in repainting these good old classics :)
Please share your views on the matter :)

Trotterwatch

The thing is, you can mix and match the textures as you the user sees fit. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

If you don't like the font a certain person uses, then replace it with one you do like - or simply delete the textures and use the original one for example.