What's new

A few driver updates..

flow``

flow``
ATI 3.6 first and foremost.. nothing great in them i hear though (rage3d.com for details)

Logi's mouseware updated.. good as always :) .. had to run in Winxp compat mode though to work on win2k3 server.. FOOLS I SAY FOOLS, THOU CANNOT OUTSMART TEH ALMIGHTY USERS!

nvidia uploaded the 44.65 drivers to their ftp in the quadro folder but i'd really recomment the 44.71, and supposedly the 44.72 are on the developer site but they are NDA'd and private. hopefully we'll see them soon. dell released 44.68 but i doubt they're anything better then the 65's... there are also some 44.90's but i heard they were poo too

also via updated their onboard drivers twice recently, worth the update i suppose if thats your thing

anything else here? just wanted to give you guys a quick roundup..

oh yeah, win2k sp4 ... hmm.. mixed reviews, but here's the bad stuff! :p

http://www.w2knews.com/anecdotes.htm
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10499
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822384

personally i can say it improved my boot/shutdown times drastically but once i decided to go from ACPI->StandardPC, rebooted, win2k bsod's, safe mode didnt work, and back i am in win2k3 server trial..

hopefully we'll see a SP4a or something in the near future

oh, win2k3 sp1 betatesting begins sept 10th

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
what the hell does mouseware do that needs updating anyway? My three button mouse works EXACTLY the same, with or without mouseware ('cept I need not run the proggie when without). And its not like theres many problems you can have with a mouse...can you?

OP
flow``

flow``

flow``
if you have any of the newer MX series it will make a huge improvement in perfomance..

Kahenraz

The Khan Artist said:
The only difference between SP1 and SP1a is MS Java was removed in 1a due to threats from Sun.

WHAT?!!! OOohhhh!!!! FOUL MICROSOFT!!! They're going to kill Sun!!
win_spam.gif

I made that new smiley just for this occasion.

Last edited:

Kahenraz

Hexidecimal said:
if they only removed something, im glad i have my original SP1 here.

Naahh. I love sp3. It's fixed a lot of problems and added a greater range of compatability. I don't doubt that after Microsoft fixes all the bugs, it'll be worth the update.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
The Khan Artist said:
The only difference between SP1 and SP1a is MS Java was removed in 1a due to threats from Sun.

Microsoft said:
Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) provides the latest security and reliability updates to the Windows XP family of operating systems, and includes Internet Explorer 6 SP1a. Windows XP SP1a is designed to ensure Windows XP platform compatibility with newly released software and hardware, and includes updates that resolve issues discovered by customers or by Microsoft's internal testing team.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Because it includes everything that SP1 non-A includes, with the exception of removing VM.

So if you have neither service pack, you can just get SP1a.