What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

darknior

Darknior
Scuse me lol
I have DL then a long time ago and they are on my HDD now .... kool :D

I just want now an UPGRADE 0.32 if possible LOL
Bye

zaczac

perhaps you could post the DL, i cant find them either, try rapidshare or megaupload please! Im dying for this!

darknior

Darknior
It is very difficult to have these PACKs on the net :(
I know that ... and i will open a site for that i think ... where i will STOCK all the package, with documentation, for use and help the authors to continue ...
Be patient .. bye ...

guardianhx

I can't stop looking at the textures for Samus on the picture of her SSB model on the last page. I am dying to have those...

K'von

Terminator 2.0
Aw, I'm tired of seeing these links not updated...every link I click on to download a retexture for Smash Bros. doesn't work...:( Is there any recent links that I missed?

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
no i dont think so, i coudnt help noticing the, not as good as you could make it links sheild, mabye retexture????

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
It seems like Emulation64 was hosting the hi-res packs (or at least, some site hosted by Emu64 was hosting them), and now it's offline and all links are getting redirected to the main page.

smknight

Just another request for a rehost... I just found out about hires textures after a long time away from emulation and I'd really like to see them in SSB.

biolizard89

Hi, would anyone mind uploading the backgrounds (original filename was SSB_Hires_Backgrounds.rar)? I can't find them in the version that people keep re-uploading. I know they're reported to be glitchy, but I'd like to try them out. If someone provides me with them, in return I'd be happy to upload them and all the other textures next time someone wants them.

Thanks in advance.

Innocent Hawk

Perhaps not so innocent... ;)
Hello everybody, I've been using Project 64 for a number of years now, and I just recently found this site and read about the high-res SSB textures.

I read through every page of this thread, and it would seem that this project has died off for the most part, especially since the original download links don't work.

I downloaded the textures you put up 1337BHLMRO, but only about half of them work. I think it may be due to this error I am receiving when I go to Options > Settings:

error.jpg

error2.jpg

If anybody can tell me how to fix this error and get the rest of the textures working I will be forever grateful, and I will consider picking up where this project left off. I have many years of experience modifying computer games, and this seems like it would be a fun project to tackle.

mudlord

Banned
Innocent Hawk: The debugger plugin shouldn't really be used for playing games in general...Its more like a development tool. Basically, if you have no use for the debugger, you can remove the DLL :). Or in future, untick it from the installer.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
And maybe "only half of them works" because they didn't retexture everything yet. As you can see, this project died on v0.31. I also noticed some textures didn't show up if you let "Try to use smaller texture" option disabled (_pm_'s post on the first page suggests to leave it enabled). That, at least, with Rice Video 6.1.1 beta10, I haven't tryed mudlord's build yet.

Innocent Hawk

Perhaps not so innocent... ;)
I had mudlord's build first. I use beta10 now, and I no longer have any error messages, but still only half of them work (like Hyrule Castle, which we know has been completed and included).

Where do you find the "Try to use smaller texture" option and "Alternative texture size calculation"? I can't find them anywhere...

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
At Rice Video config, go to Current Game Options and look for it there. Check _pm_'s post to see if the other options are as he suggested. Textures like Hyrule Castle's walls and floor, and Planet Zebes' Lava with now work.