What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

Blukstak

Anyone doings high res textures for this one, i cant seem to dump the textures with neither the 2 plugins.

Anyway post here if you have textures for this game please :bouncy:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
I've made some hires textures to enhance SSB text and some other items, like Yoshi's egg (ingame). Some text need better alignment and shadow improvements, but I hope you like them anyways. :)

EDIT: Version 0.31 available
This is a minor upgrade pack, with the following changes:
- New Planet Zebes Lava/Acid (optimus$prime)
- Some Congo Jungle's textures (optimus$prime)
- Peach's Castle (everything but the bumper) (_pm_)
- Some Fighting Polygon Team and Master Hand textures (_pm_)
- Added some missing fonts (_pm_)
- Minor update to Hyrule Castle's textures (_pm_)

Considering that this is an upgrade pack, remember that you need to have 0.30 installed in order to get the full texture pack, so install it over 0.30, DON'T DELETE THE OLD FILES!

EDIT: Version 0.30 available
This is a big update, with more than 1000 textures in total. :bouncy:
NOTES:
1) You MUST delete the files in your existing "SMASH BROTHERS" folder.
2) Rice Video 6.1.1beta10 required, with "Try to use smaller texture" option enabled and "Alternative texture size calculation" disabled. Although not a requirement, it's highly recommended to leave "Fine texture mapping" disabled.
Please take a look at the readme for more information.

Also, you can download the high resolution backgrounds here. There are only two at this moment: Hyrule Castle (optimus$prime), and Yoshi Stage (bestbiz). There are problems with scrolling backgrounds, that's the reason why they're included separately. Any feedback about how their are working is really appreciated.

Download links:
Download SSB Hires Textures Pack v0.30 (7.99Mb).
Download SSB Hires Textures Pack v0.31 upgrade for v0.30 (1.05Mb).

Other texture packs (which may be buggy or cause slowdowns):
Download SSB Hires Backgrounds (for testing purposes only) (1.5Mb).
Download alternative characters icons (by Mojo Man + Peoman69's Luigi icons and Yoshi fixes) (123Kb).
NOTE: These packs share the main pack's folder structure.

For people interested in redoing the backgrounds: Download SSB backgrounds texture dump (1316Kb)

Feel free to use this thread for comments, questions and suggestions about this retexturing project :)
_pm_

Last edited:
OP
B

Blukstak

ns =) but i cant seem to get any textures u are using the debug version or just the 6.10b?

_pm_

Pathetic Member
I'm using 6.10b, not the debug version.

If you can't dump textures from any game, make sure the texture_dump subfolder exists in the plugin folder. If it doesn't, create it. That worked for me (for some reason the folder wasn't created automatically in my comp).

optimus$prime

hi

very nice work _pm_!

i' ve finished the picture of samus but there are still problems with the alpha
(upper-left and right corners)
i don't know how to fix this yet
but before i start with other characters i need some feedback

samus.jpg

Last edited:

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
great work optimus! id love to see a whole hires pack just like samus :D
continue with the awesome work.

(i was gonna try and update SSB gfx...but got discourage seeing how all the textures are cut in peices)

optimus$prime

update

i 've worked on the donkey kong texture:

menu.jpg

the image could be a little more sharper
the alpha is better than the one from samus but not perfect

FEEDBACK!

Knuckles

looks nice! did you already think of getting the SSBM textures (dump using dolphin) to put in SSB?

optimus$prime

hmm great idea :bouncy:
i 'll try it tomorrow

this project needs more artists
i don't want to work with ci textures and ssb is full of em
milo83 postet a tutorial for ci textures but using this for each texture is way to complicated for me
but thx to milo83

Last edited:

optimus$prime

i use photoshop
but i do not improve the original ones
i take completly new pics which look like the originals and paste them in

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prim said:
update

i 've worked on the donkey kong texture:

menu.jpg

the image could be a little more sharper
the alpha is better than the one from samus but not perfect

FEEDBACK!

Excellent work optimus!!!! :bouncy:
I didn't even consider trying to enhance the characters' pics because i thought it would be almost impossible (or at least very hard).
You showed me that I was wrong (once more, lol) :)
Keep the good work :happy:

optimus$prime

thank you guys!
thx to Impreza WRX for textures (i only had 1/3 of them)

i 've just looked at the portrait textures from ssbM but they have the same small size
image quality is better but not good enough for me
but there are also larger ones
besides there are other useful textures that could be used for ssb :bouncy:

Last edited:

optimus$prime

update

i'm working on new textures. i noticed that some dumped textures from impreza have different filenames as mine. the result was that the high resolution texture did not appear in the game because of the differnt filenames.
is it possible that different game versions (Usa,Europe,Japan) have different texture filenames?
if this is true this would be a bad problem using hi-res texture packs
i'm using the usa version

SMASH BROTHERS#66178EC5#0#3_rgb.png
SMASH BROTHERS#C92DC19D#0#3_rgb.png
same image

Last edited:

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prim said:
update

i'm working on new textures. i noticed that some dumped textures from impreza have different filenames as mine. the result was that the high resolution texture did not appear in the game because of the differnt filenames.
is it possible that different game versions (Usa,Europe,Japan) have different texture filenames?
if this is true this would be a bad problem using hi-res texture packs
i'm using the usa version

SMASH BROTHERS#66178EC5#0#3_rgb.png
SMASH BROTHERS#C92DC19D#0#3_rgb.png
same image

hmmm, filenames are based on textures' CRC, maybe they have some minor graphic differences which make them have different filenames.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
_pm_ said:
I'm having the same problem with SSB textures. I can't find the right ones to enhance Hyrule's Castle (The only one I could find was the window texture, and it's palettized). Maybe they're not dumped, or they are pretty well hidden :(

On the other hand, I've made some hires textures to enhance SSB text and some other items, like Yoshi's egg (ingame). Some text need better alignment and shadow improvements, but I hope you like them anyways. :)

I know how you feel, I was looking at the textures myself and I couldn't pick out scratch in the level textures. I found some character textures, but they're all BMPs and will not respond as PNGs; or BMPs at that matter. I don't think it's possible to edit SSB's textures. Although, it is possible that they're well hidden..

How did you manage to edit Samus' character select icon? Mine just looks like two images, but when I paste them together in Photoshop it's fine.

optimus$prime

the problem is also that most of the ingame level and character textures are in ci. improving one of those is much more work than working on one png or bmp.
this is why i switched to working on the menu textures.
there is a tutorial around here. i would be impressed if someone starts working on this

spork9:i haven't released my textures yet. but u can download the textures of _pm_

optimus$prime

IMPORTANT

i want YOU to test if the highres_textures work for all versions of SSB. i use the usa version so it should work with it. but test it anyway.
there is only one icon texture included(yoshi=9 files) because this is a test.
i'm planning a release of all character icons from the menu for next week :bouncy:

please comment!

Last edited: