What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
btw, could someone make a pack of all the bgs from each level or something? i could probably do a little photoshop magic to enhance each one, since thats about all i can do right now...

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
dk fur is now very nice. next step face hands....
Thanks, it may take a while to make DK's face look nice :)
Link has some little improvements too. Replacing his shield adds a little glitch, so I'm not gonna work with this for now.

optimus$prime said:
i finally got the "missing" zebes textures to work :cool: now i only need some inspiration for creating hires...
Well, that's good, take your time! :)

bestbiz

First CI work...

*Web-Translation*
Background-image out of focus.. (The pint is not accurately.)
Only the one person it is an actual condition which happens?

Last edited:

bigank

Dude, I like what u did it nice job but in a battle i think that is very annoying and irritating.

_pm_ and optimus$prime have u figured out there is video flickers with the ssb when using opengl

Last edited:

bigank

i think he did amazing job with but i find it stands out too much. i will most likely focus on the bg rather than characters that i am fighting.

Nin_10_Dough

Nice work bestbiz. I think nintendo purposely blurred/softened the background on certain stages ( like yoshi's ). I think you should maybe blur it a bit, and fade the color some. The Heart needs some work, make it more like the original.

C0bra

PhotoshoP PimP
excellent remake, just lower the contrast and blur it a little because for a second i thought the watermelon was an item or something it stuck out so much.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
bestbiz: The plant look very nice, great work! The heart is nice, although I think it is a bit out of place. If I were you, I'd try to make it look more like the original, as Nin_10_Dough suggested. About the alignment problem, check if the last line of pixels of the top texture (original size) is exactly the same than the first line of the texture below. If they are, consider that when you paste the new texture.

bigank said:
_pm_ and optimus$prime have u figured out there is video flickers with the ssb when using opengl
If you mean those textures and/or surfaces that tend to flicker randomly while playing, yes. I thought the problem was related with the stages textures but unfortunately the same happened when I disabled all the hires textures (although a bit less noticeable). :(

optimus$prime

bestbiz: nice work; try to get rid of the areas around the fruits so it's more like the original...

_pm_: link looks good; it's not possible to improve the shield?

i've finished working on the "missing" zebes textures. now all textures in the stage are highres except the background and the flying monsters in the bg area(ridley). :happy:
i'm thinking of improving my first version of the lava; but this isn't easy. how to make the lava moving with only three textures?!? :crazy:

i recommend you to put them in your highres_texture/SMASH BROTHERS/Stages/Planet Zebes/ folder

Last edited:

bestbiz

More edit

If you want edit CI-Image, use paint.exe (windows basic program - paint need only save(4bit color).
Fix out of focus Back-ground image.
English very poor. sorry.
Attach image of My-style.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
optimus$prime said:
_pm_: link looks good; it's not possible to improve the shield?

Actually, Link's shield can be improved but has a little black area on its top.
(First and second screenshots).

Nice work with your Zebes' textures! Btw, I was working with the missing Hyrule Castles's textures as well (3, 4, 5). I'll see if I can make those grey areas between the walls bricks a bit smaller. Anyways, can you give it a try?

You play with lava, I play with fire :) (6, first attempt)

yoh_asakura said:
How I can install the textures?
Download the pack at the first page of this thread, and take a look at the included readme file. You need WinRAR or compatible to extract the files from the archive. The same goes for the updates, although they may not have a readme.

bestbiz

Fix method?

size modify and pixel add. not stretch.
another methods?

Dejital // It tried but.

DirectX and OpenGL is same.

Last edited:

Dejital

Bestbiz, try changing the resolution to 640x480 and there should not be any pixel cutting. If that doesn't work, try adding a FrameBuffer and see if that helps.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
C0bra said:
i think links sword could use a bit of work...
Yeah, although I'm afraid it doesn't use textures at all? :(

bestbiz: The background looks great, keep it up! :)
About the problem with the lines, I had it when I replaced the Hyrule Stage background. Although I'm realizing at this precisely moment that I was stupid and forgot to considerate the "repeated lines effect" I mentioned before, even knowing that this kind of textures existed. Damn, I'll give it a try, there is a possibility that the buggy Hyrule hires background was my fault. :bouncy:

Last edited:

Nin_10_Dough

Whoa bestbiz, you aren't seriously going to use that background are you ?!?!?!

The heart is looking better, narrow the eyes a bit ( like original, remember that's the goal ;) )