What's new

3D Now!

OP
Matata

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Yep I always wanted to get a new one but it wasn´t necessary so I didin´t get one, plus I´m looking for a card with TV out to watch DivX in the TV.

OP
Matata

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Aww men I can´t decide if buy the card or not, are you guys completly sure this will fix my speed problem????

Eagle

aka Alshain
I cant guaruntee it will fix your specific speed problem, but it is likely that it will. Furthermore it will overall improve your system with regards to gaming.

OP
Matata

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Well seems that the Video Card is gonna have to wait a little because I´m going to buy a Digital Camera first.

OP
Matata

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Yeah but I think that insted of buying a new Video Card I´ll save more money and buy a whole new computer and make it myself (so I can save a few bucks).

OP
Matata

Matata

Novato Experimentado
I was thinking: Can I tweak my TNT2 with RivaTurner to make it better and see if my slowdown problem solves? I´m not sure about this because all the tutorial on the internet are for GeForce or better card (to make the card a Quadro 2 or better).
Is it dangerous to do this? Or my card is too old to tweak it?

OP
Matata

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Well, I made up my mind: I´m going to buy a GeForce but I´m not sure if I should buy a GeForce 2 or 4. Is there really a big difference?

Yes, the Geforce 4 is much faster and fully supports direct x 8 in hardware. (unless you get the geforce 4mx).. see if you can pick up a geforce ti4200, which is for me the entry level card right now

OP
Matata

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Well, it´s decided: I´m going to buy a XFX GeForce 4 MX 440 64MB DDR AGP8X w/TV-Out.
But I don´t know if it´s going to work with my motherboard. How can I know????

I have an AMD Duron 750 Mhz PCChips Systemboard M810 Series V3.0a

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
RJARRRPCGP said:
Overclocking is setting the clock frequency above the factory default setting to get a speed increase.

Yes, Some TNT2 Cards were purely designed for overclocking (i.e. Diamond Multimedia's TNT2) , but if you set it to high you can crash your computer and maybe even damage your hardware so be carefull

jollyrancher

Well, it´s decided: I´m going to buy a XFX GeForce 4 MX 440 64MB DDR AGP8X w/TV-Out.

Mmmmm... I usually stay out of these video card debates, but I don't think you'll find many people in this forum who would reccomend that card for the value or performance. If you're going with a Geforce and you want something cheap (around $50-70), get the Ti4200. If you don't want to pay that much, get a Geforce3 (either model)... it's better than the Geforce4 MX and probably cheaper too.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Matata said:
But I don´t know if it´s going to work with my motherboard. How can I know????

I have an AMD Duron 750 Mhz PCChips Systemboard M810 Series V3.0a

Carefull there, while I have no experience with them, I have heard AGP 8X cards are not backwards compatible (meaning they will only work in an AGP 8X slot). If your motherboard as a 4X AGP slot you will definately want to get the 4X version. Granted I could be completely wrong and I'm just repeating idle rumor as well.