What's new

Mario no photopie protected ?

olivieryuyu

hmm

well there's no emulator for the moment that is able to make that game working but there is may be a small explanation.

i believed (surely as a lot of people) that only 1964 was able in specific sound configuration to allow to show the first screen. But the game is stuck at this point.

I found out that with Nemu and using disable audio HLE (2) option the game was booting too (with Rice video plugin and Direct64a).

And i was stunned to see that if the game was still stuck to the first screen it show now this message as you can see on ss:

the message is a warning (in japanese afaik) and seems to say that the rom is not an original or something like that.

so my question is : is Mario no photopie protected ? Will it be a solution for such a problem if it's a proctection ?

Thanks.

PS: i know that the game is a 64dd with a special misc, it's useless to speak about that i think.

Trotterwatch

Great discovery! I never knew about this game showing any input.

Anyways I messed about a bit and enabled Interpreter in Nemu, lo and behold it goes a bit further.

Trotterwatch

olivieryuyu said:
OMG it's incredible !!!!

Another one - it's the same shot, just with Disable big textures selected in Rices plugin. Nice to get another pic all the same, a bit clearer than the last one too.

btw, which config do you use to get it working in 1964?

Last edited:
OP
O

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
btw, which config do you use to get it working in 1964?

only with rice plugin with schibo sound plugin (without a rsp) but you are stuck to the first page !!!!

Incredible !!! i've made a great dicovery with Trotterwatch !!!

its' the first time that this game is emulated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trotterwatch

olivieryuyu said:
only with rice plugin with schibo sound plugin (without a rsp) but you are stuck to the first page !!!!

Incredible !!! i've made a great dicovery with Trotterwatch !!!

its' the first time that this game is emulated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make a PJ64 save state in 1964 (with graphics) then you can load it into PJ64 (the start screen looks slightly better - though the error message is missing).

Press Start is quite clearly displayed though.

OP
O

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
Great discovery! I never knew about this game showing any input.

Anyways I messed about a bit and enabled Interpreter in Nemu, lo and behold it goes a bit further.

how did you get that ? Interpreter=1 in the rom ini and what's next ? i 'm still stuck to the first page ....

OP
O

olivieryuyu

ok i understood how you pass the first screen : before the warning in japanese with the bomb appears you have to push start to get in game.

interpreter is useless.

it's going to be sure that there is a protection in the game ... How fixing that ?

Trotterwatch

Ah, right you are. I guess interpreter helped at first simply because it slowed it down enough to give you plenty of time to press start.

OP
O

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
Ah, right you are. I guess interpreter helped at first simply because it slowed it down enough to give you plenty of time to press start.

you are a bit lucky but that's cool !!!!

Last edited:

Quvack

olivieryuyu said:
May be Quack could help for the translation ?

Lol sure, if i had a slightest idea of any Japanese I might help out, but I dont, interesting find though! was always curious about this game :) Gonna have to go play around :D

From what I know of the cart it has the ability to have video/data streamed into it from connectors on the cart itself, the 'error' is probably something relating to that or maybe a 64DD related error.

Last edited:
OP
O

olivieryuyu

Quvack said:
Lol sure, if i had a slightest idea of any Japanese I might help out, but I dont, interesting find though! was always curious about this game :) Gonna have to go play around :D

From what I know of the cart it has the ability to have video/data streamed into it from connectors on the cart itself, the 'error' is probably something relating to that or maybe a 64DD related error.

hmm possible but a bomb like this is in my opinion a sign of protection but i can't be sure ....

Quvack

olivieryuyu said:
hmm possible but a bomb like this is in my opinion a sign of protection but i can't be sure ....

One thing I've learnt when hacking around with Japanese games... nothing ever makes any sence :p The bomb could mean 'Hi! Hope your having a great day! :icecream:'

OP
O

olivieryuyu

Quvack said:
One thing I've learnt when hacking around with Japanese games... nothing ever makes any sence :p The bomb could mean 'Hi! Hope your having a great day! :icecream:'

May be. Did you notice that the game was locking when the Bomb appeared ??? and if you press start before it appears you can reach the menu. At least the Bomb is a sign of something wrong ...

Last edited: