What's new

1964 Beta 0.99 screenshots thread

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Someone wanted to see a picture of Smash Brothers without the black box enveloping the character when they are in the air. This picture was taken using the latest released version of GL N64. Although the framerate in this picture looks really bad a few things to note:

The drop isn't that noticeable
It only happens for a very short amount of time

OP
T

Trotterwatch

SF Rush 2049 as per request. Also running usings Orkins excellent Open GL plugin (which is fastly becoming a firm favourite of mine!)

gandalf

Member ready to help
Trotterwatch said:
SF Rush 2049 as per request. Also running usings Orkins excellent Open GL plugin (which is fastly becoming a firm favourite of mine!)

The sound is better than Jabo´s Direct Sound 1.5?.

I see the game a little dark

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Has this game ever had sound? I don't think so has it... still hasn't if that's the case.

As for the darkness, that can be rectified :)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
SF Rush 2049 always had sound on my comp with jabos sound plugin in, and if you use azmiers audio fix its ven better.

scotty

The Great One
gandalf said:
The sound is better than Jabo´s Direct Sound 1.5?.

I see the game a little dark

I dont think Jabo's Dircet sound has ever worked on 1964, I do not think it ever will either

pandamoan

Banned
yes, how IS the sound over all in the new beta? sound is the worst part of most n64 emus that i have got to run successfully (sp?).

not that it matters THAT much when i can still lay some shinock ownage. :p

OP
T

Trotterwatch

The sound is nigh on perfect for 90% of the games using Schibos audio. Known problems such as Twisted Edge snowboarding, Hyrdo thunder, The world is not enough etc are still problems though.

OP
T

Trotterwatch

SF Rush 2049 always had sound on my comp with jabos sound plugin in, and if you use azmiers audio fix its ven better.

In that case I will check properly later.

Edit/// Just tried it again with Schibos audio, and sound was present. Then retried it and sound had gone again... I'll try some other audio plugins out later, and I'll mention this to other beta testers see if they can repeat it.

Last edited:

scotty

The Great One
Curiosity:
I wonder, would you recommend Schibo's audio for 0.9.9 in this case? or would Azimer's plugin be better to use?

I am surprised that Jabos directsound plugin works for this new version, impressive, but I think that Azimer's has always been better when it came to speed in particular, the quality was similar

OP
T

Trotterwatch

I wonder, would you recommend Schibo's audio for 0.9.9 in this case? or would Azimer's plugin be better to use?

Personally I am astounded at Schibos Audio, it works pretty much perfectly with most games. I don't tend to change it much, but I may try some speed/quality comparisons with one of Azimers plugins + Jabos later.

JonasP

Trotterwatch said:
Personally I am astounded at Schibos Audio, it works pretty much perfectly with most games. I don't tend to change it much, but I may try some speed/quality comparisons with one of Azimers plugins + Jabos later.

How does the echoes in zelda oot sound with schibo's new plugin? (in the temple of time for instance) It sounds horrible with all plugins I've tried...

Burnpro

Supar ***
pandamoan said:
that is a SHAME because mk4 (which is much more advanced and completely 3d) kicks serious ass.

it's my FAVORITE n64 game (atm) ;) i'm not very faithful to favorite games:

mario 64 then
puzzle league then
destruction derby then
california speed then
dr mario then
ocarina of time and now
mk4. actually though with multiplayer mk4 has been my fave for over a year!!!

go try it out, and learn all of the shinock transformations and combos... (this is how i relentlessly beat on my gf and bass player), though my gf is pretty ruthless with tanya.

:D

so you think mk4 is a GOOD fighting game?? you should try mk trilogy.. it has hella lots of combos. mk4 was a disappointment for me i was a loyal fan to mk series but they did shit about mk4.. mk5 is ok but for me mktrilogy is by far the best of them all.. lots of chars and unlike mk4 everybody has unique combos.

tell me one day i`ll show you how easy is mk4 everybody has similar combos.. i bet i can get you real easy..

back to topic.. still nba hang time is slow ingame mode??

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Wow looks great. It great to see that the 1964 original author is going out with a BANG! The best news i hear is that sound is better cause this really is where any real improvements are made in n64 emu. I heard a long long while ago that azi was helping out is this still the case??.. Oh and finally how is the speed hit on framebuffer emulation???
Sorry havent been round here for ages....

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Please, everybody. Do us a favor. This is screenshots submission, not Q&A time. Ask in the 1964 forum, dont clutter this area up.
Grand: Framebuffer is still slow. It's one of those things the n64 was designed to do but the PC wasn't.