What's new

Failed to allocate memory solution

philis45

Hey everyone

I've found that if you end the msn messenger process in the task manager, this ussually fixes it. just remove all processes related to msn except MsPMSPSv.exe
Hope this works, respond if it does

Edit: Also remove any yahoo messenger, or AOL messenger processes

Last edited:

Knuckles

omg, well doh! it worked just fine here :eek:

closed messenger and Messenger plus! and PJ64 started!

congrat on finding that one!

EDIT : actually, messenger does nothing, only happens if messenger plus! is running... interesting...

Last edited:
OP
P

philis45

hmmm...MSN Plus only eh?
Oh well, if it works, it works.
i find this one to be a simpler fix then.... "delete windows hotfix______________" or un instathen reinstall without doing this... type of thing

Poobah

I posted the solution to this before:
-Don't use a Win9x based OS.
-Make sure you have plenty of free RAM!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That's not the solution -_- ...
People have lots of ram free and there's nothing wrong with win9x oses.

OP
P

philis45

I've got plenty of free Ram but it wouldnt work, untill i got rid of the msn plus from the task manager

Phatty

Life is Killing Me
Alright, I did everything you guys said about Messenger Plus...but I am still having problems. I still get an error message when I attempt to play Zelda: OOT, but not when I attempt to play Mario 64. Do you think it could be because of a bad rom file, or any other reason? If so, can you please help me?

Thankies in advance. :D

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Actually the problem ive always had with the failed to allocate memory error is when i tried to load PJ after updating all my Security.

by removing the Windows XP Hotfix - KB828741 it solved my issues.

PJ once again loaded with no troubles and back to playtastic fun

If anyone else finds this but it happens to be a different hotfix number place it in this thread so everyone knows what to check in the future.

so here goes.

Failed to allocate memory error solved by removing.

Windows XP Hotfix - KB828741

Last edited:
OP
P

philis45

I find that the msn plus thing is very easy, and theres a less risk of removing something that can be crucial to your computer

Phatty, you probally just have a bad rom

Knuckles

well, by now, you have 2 solutions.

Patchou (msn plus author) didn't find a fix since it doesn't affect everyone.

Phatty

Life is Killing Me
Well, since we are not allowed to ask where we can find ROM's and what not...can anyone PM me a website where I can find a good Zelda ROM. :$

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Phatty said:
Well, since we are not allowed to ask where we can find ROM's and what not...can anyone PM me a website where I can find a good Zelda ROM. :$

Nope, no discussions period, PM or otherwise..

colt4523

I unfortunately do not have any messenger related programs in my task bar so this fix doesn't work for me. However, I did delete the windows update that was mentioned and the game works now (which I really did not want to do). If there is any other ways to fix this without removing a critical windows update, I am all ears.

OP
P

philis45

Colt4523
Your must go into your TASK MANAGER (crtl-alt-del) and remove the msn process.
that has worked for many people

colt4523

I am looking at all the processes in my task manager right now and I do not see anything with msn process in it. What is the specific name of the process I am suppose to remove? I am looking under the process tab in the task manager..that is where I am suppose to be right? Thanks for the help.