What's new

Zelda WindWaker

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
Hey

I tested the Wind Waker, got arround 7fps and when viewing @ wireframe it's playable (i'm used to wireframes because I create also some small 3d objects). I got 2 things

When I get the starting story, it goes @ 265.4 fps (so not even readable) in the game, in buildings the framerate is doable (arround 25 fps).
So actual I wanted to test it in dungeons but when I retrieve the Telescope the animation keeps spinning but I can't press the A button (default assignments so x @ keyboard) it just doesn't do anything else, the seagulls fly by and also the wind passes. (all works except the telescope)
I did this 2 times, and wondered if any one else is having this problem.

btw going to build a cluster pc, and see the quality then
(2 PIV''s @ 2,8 ghz HTT, 1048 mb ram dual channel / pc)

I will post the outcome.

Greets

[EDIT]

www.huuf.net/zeldaww.rar (1,71 Mb)

I added a movie in the scene where I can't press A anymore, on Windows Media Player press fast forward to see arround normal fps count.

(rar files you can open with Winrar (www.rarlab.com))

If any more movies wanted just ask
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
OP
H

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
In the boat, it was normal rendered, a bit faster, but that's because there was no enviroment to be rendered

Still my question remains, does any one else have the Telescope bug
(also a person with lots off patient :p)

OP
H

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
(I found this post worth a new post)

I just tested several senarios, and the game keeps looping at the following points
- The telescope retrieval
- When you crawl underneath grandma's house and then open the chest (no glowing is in it)
- When you bring the 3rd pig back

It doesn't accor when
- you retrieve the hero's cloths
- The first 2 pigs

I will test more things later on

Knuckles

I am patient but you played too much!, btw, I'm going to record a fast video (not in wireframe) from the start, dunno how long it will be but the video will be almost in normal speed.

Knuckles

Here's the video:

640X480 - 8x AA - GeForce FX 5700

YOU NEED XVID TO PLAY THOSE !!!

video is on a constant 20fps but it has been recorded @ the speed it usually plays (2fps :p) but the video plays it like in full speed (3 hours for a 15 mins video). enjoy the beauties and bugs!

GET IT HERE :

PART 1 - 42.5 MB
PART 2 - 39.7 MB

thanks to posty for the hosting, I'm not sure Martin or Redah would like me to put those 2 video for 82MB on the emu64 server :teehee:

Last edited:
OP
H

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
I'm downloading the parts, and maybe i'll host them, because 5 Kb/s isn't fast :sleeping:.
Maybe i'll make it 1 complete part and reencode it

jareg

Just A Guy
Knuckles said:
Here's the video:

640X480 - 8x AA - GeForce FX 5700

YOU NEED XVID TO PLAY THOSE !!!

video is on a constant 20fps but it has been recorded @ the speed it usually plays (2fps :p) but the video plays it like in full speed (3 hours for a 15 mins video). enjoy the beauties and bugs!

GET IT HERE :

PART 1 - 42.5 MB
PART 2 - 39.7 MB

thanks to posty for the hosting, I'm not sure Martin or Redah would like me to put those 2 video for 82MB on the emu64 server :teehee:

Really Good Video :bounce:

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Huuf said:
I'm downloading the parts, and maybe i'll host them, because 5 Kb/s isn't fast :sleeping:.

Sorry about that. The max for the server is about 100kb/s in all, and someone else might of been using it. Usually it's pretty good though.

Knuckles

Huuf said:

Well, FRAPS cut it in 2 half when recording, if you want to put it in one piece, do you want to original one? It's small, only a little 7.68Gb uncompressed! :p

OP
H

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
i'm not going to reencode, because it's ok and I know fraps, I used to capture my video's also with it :p
because that it writes the RAW data to an avi file, it becomes so big

btw, played 1 more time testing different stuff
It didn't hang with the chest @ abe's house
It did hang when buying the bait
The sun shines trough mountains but does render the lence flare good

the game have the same pronlem in anothere point:when you are baying some thing!
here is a picture:
2208795.jpg

OP
H

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
Lik Lik I allready told you other things where it does hang and doesn't hang ¬_¬
Also hangs when returning the thirth pig

Knuckles

seems like it hangs when you get something that normally gets into your items, the outfit doesn't because it isn't in the inventory, but it hangs on the telescope, Bait Bag, ect.