What's new

Zelda (OOT and MM) - delayed sound

zarakon

It probably happens in all games, but it really throws me off when playing the ocarina in the zelda games.

The length of the delay basically offsets the Bolero of Fire by a little more than 1 note if played at the right speed.

Currently using Jabo's DirectSound 1.4. My sound card is a Creative SB Live!, processor 2.4GHz P4, video GeForce 4 Ti4600. I get a good 60FPS. Sync sound to game is turned on, but even if i turn it off I get the delay (along with popping sounds)

Is there another plugin that people have luck with for Zelda? I think I've tried the others ones I have and they've all sounded bad

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Are you using Project64 1.6? The latest Jabo audio plugin is Jabo's DirectSound 1.6 and its contained in the Project64 1.6 package.

OP
Z

zarakon

strange

i have PJ64 1.6, but my only Jabo plugins for sound and input are 1.40

I tried running the installer again, but that didn't work

any place i can download the newer plugins?

OP
Z

zarakon

ah... they kept the same filenames so the installer wasn't overwriting them, even when i chose repair..

OP
Z

zarakon

hmmm

So the new Jabo's pretty much fixes it. Still a slight delay, but not nearly as much.
Azimer's 0.56 WIP works too.

Not sure which one to use... Azimer's gives occasional popping noises, BUT I can actually turn off the FPS limit with it so I can have a high speed toggle button... Jabo's sync locks it at 60

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
this slight delay is actually mostly fixably by enabling sync game to audio in the options panel for jabo's directsound 1.6

atleast it worked for me.