What's new

Zelda Master Quest bad to good patch

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
IceFox38 said:
Anyways, the [!] version should fix the crash at the end, shouldn't it?

Yes it will fix it but read the note carfully and only use when it tells you too

OP
PsyMan

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Some people may have problems using the Zelda Master Quest bad to good patch
so I've updated it in order to solve possible problems. :)

Vegeta

Yes, the correct header for Master Quest [!] is THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.

It would of been great if Project64 saved SRAM and save states using the zip/rom name instead of the header name.

As for IPS patches, the BEST IPS Patch tool is Lunar IPS.

Get it here:

http://fusoya.cg-games.net/lips/

Vegeta

H3ad5h0tter said:
Was is really necessary to change the header in order to get it working ??

I think the header was changed in the [f1] (NTSC) rom to make it stand out from the normal Ocarina of Time roms. Changing the header usually has no effect in making the rom run better. The original header is THE LEGEND OF ZELDA thats why the [!] verified rom has it.

Clements

Vegeta said:
Yes, the correct header for Master Quest [!] is THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.

It would of been great if Project64 saved SRAM and save states using the zip/rom name instead of the header name.

Or used 1964's method for saving would have been even better since it differenciates between roms better according to header+CRC rather than just header, and it would be easier to transfer file saves across.

@לציון

I got Master Quest and it doesnt show any tags at all in 1964, is my ROM ok or what?? (Yes im using the proper ROM list view :p )

Clements

Your rom is the region hacked rom. Fix it with the patch in the first post and an IPS patcher.

Cybertronic

What is so bad about the "BAD" Dump? I remember reading the "GOOD" Dump crashes before the ending.... So then this one dosent? If so, Sounds like a good thing to me! Also the thing about conflicting saves being over written.... such a hassle!!! Ewww! Give me one reason to update it!

sonofaphish

spacing out
dammit all, it wont work with me!
i used the patches with IPSWin by ZeroSoft, i selected the Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC) ROM (and verified it with Good64) selected the patch that was posted, and sat for a few seconds, then tried again to use the Good64 and check the Rom name, and it turned out the same as before. and yes i have it in v64 ...