What's new

Zelda: Majoras Mask-blacksnow

Psiryu

Hi, I’ve been playing legend of Zelda: Majora’s mask on the Project64 version for the past year. Due to a few parts in the game being slow and choppy I updated to Project4 version 1.6. Unfortunately in some points of the game (primarily the snow levels) the ground has no textures, it’s all black.

My computer has a Geforce 2 graphics card but I don’t think it’s the card, as the textures are fine when I run the game on 1.5 graphics plugging and this problem is basically isolated to the snow levels.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Poobah

Did you read the GameFAQ?
GameFAQ said:
Why are Link's clothes white?
Your video hardware and/or drivers do not support the required blend mode - your system does not meet the minimum requirements (see User Manual)
Why are the rays of light from a treasure chest black?
Your video hardware and/or drivers do not support the required blend mode - your system does not meet the recommended requirements (see User Manual)
http://www.emutalk.net/Why is the ground etc. black?
See above.
If it's working fine with the 1.5 plug-in, then you'll have to stick with that. Perhaps the 1.6 one uses more video memory or something.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
actually those are listed from OoT not MM, i'll copy them over

btw, not the video memory, the pixel shaders.

Last edited:

Milo-

I have useless information
Wait, It uses pixel shaders? my video card has not pixel shaders and i havent had any problem with Zelda MM o_O

Smiff

Emutalk Member
it depends on the drivers.. nVidia keep harming support for their older hardware, the plugin can't always use the right modes if the drivers aren't reporting right. try older drivers..

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Geforce 4mx and below are (excluding the Geforce3 TI) are best used with Detonator 50 or 40.

Geforce 4 TI + can all use the latest drivers fine

OP
P

Psiryu

yeah thats what i have to, unfortunitly it's slow and chopy but i guess i'l just put up with it.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
slowness is due to cpu,

im running a ti 4800se on my other machine and its still as slow as it was on the mx440.

what kind of cpu do you have?