What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Federelli & Kman/Xenobond HiRes Texture Packs

Zato112

i heard 4-5 days ago about that hires texture projects. i saw many screens and was really impressed of that great work. i searched many many hours in the net for that packs. finally i found that federellis 0.21 pack but to the screens i saw this dosnt seems to be the latest version. so i searched more and more and found out that kman/Xenobond had a pack too. but where is that pack? heard something bout he removed it? dosnt want to share anymore? so i want to ask:

is there no way to get that pack?
does anybody still have that pack?
could someone share it with me?

maybe i have understand that all wrong, if so correct me please.
sorry for bad english & ty for reading^^

greetings Zato.

ctatumt

Hey Zato112 welcome to the site! I just PM'ed you with a link so check your messages! :) *Shhh don't let Xenobond know!* :p

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
i don't understand why he would go mad??

I asked people not to distribute my work without my permission. I asked people not to post mirrors for it as well. I've removed my work from the Zelda pack, and would like for everyone to respect my wishes.
That is why I get upset when people do that.

I was contacted by PM some time ago by someone that only wanted it for personal use. I went ahead and let him. Shortly afterward my pack started popping up all over the place again. Now I won't give anyone the pack, even if they do ask me privately.

StoneHorn

I asked people not to distribute my work without my permission. I asked people not to post mirrors for it as well. I've removed my work from the Zelda pack, and would like for everyone to respect my wishes.
That is why I get upset when people do that.

I was contacted by PM some time ago by someone that only wanted it for personal use. I went ahead and let him. Shortly afterward my pack started popping up all over the place again. Now I won't give anyone the pack, even if they do ask me privately.

Sounds scary.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I agree with Xeno. He should have the last word in this, HE owns the textures, so distribution of it should be how he wants it. And apparently he doesn´t, so i think we should respect that. And Xeno, i´m sorry someone you put your trust in went behind your back like that.

jmf145

Xenobond, just out of curiosity, why don't you want your pack to be distributed?

Last edited:

ubernoob88

can i get a pm with a mirror link, i want the texture pack for my own enjoyment, will not upload or tell xenobond who sent it

laughtrey

It's honestly stupid how stuff like this is handled. If someone wants to play it and use it for what (little) it gives to the game, they should be able to. If someone wants to take it and make improvements on it, they should be able to. It's not like he can own intellectual property on a game mod. They're imagines, simply pictures.

The attitude that "I had a bad experience while working on this, so I don't want anyone to have this!" is such a stupid one that appears in all game mod communities and gives it such a bad look.

Look, you're making these mods and textures because you like the game. You're not doing it for money, the most you could even get out of it is practice. If you're doing it for recognition or anything else other then the sense of accomplishment, you're in the wrong business.

BTW I'm PMing everyone this pack once I get it uploaded. You can't copyright modded game content, it's already copyrighted material that you modify.

Datadayne

I dont think thats a very nice thing to do laughtrey. If Xenobond does not want anyone to have his pack, then it should be that way and we should let it be.

Sure if you have the pack, you can pm it to everyone, no one can really stop you, but why are you doing it? Is it because you have something personal against Xenobond?

Think of it this way,,,
You invite me over to your house for lunch, so I come over and we have some homemade spaghetti. Now thats no regular spaghetti, thats the best spaghetti Ive ever tasted in my entire life. Now pretend that you would have gave that super amazing spaghetti recipe to me, and you specifically told me never to tell anyone what the recipe is. Of coarse I take the recipe and promise not to tell anyone.

The next week you are watching the cooking channel and you see ME holding up a trophy with (guess what) your spaghetti. Not only that, you tell everyone on tv how to make this spaghetti.

Wouldnt you be furious if I took your spaghetti recipe and gave it to everyone.

Seriously, thats the meanest thing you can do laughtrey.

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
laughtrey- 'You can't copyright modded game content, it's already copyrighted material that you modify.'

The textures I made do not contain any piece of previous art from the game, so it is entirely mine and so it belongs to me. I'm not one of those guys that takes the original texture, scales it up 800% and runs the Texturizer filter.

This is not some ips hack that adds new mario levels. This is digital artwork that is protected by IP copyright laws.

I made those textures because I loved the game. It was because of people like you that made me not want to finish it.

What part of 'You may not re-distribute the textures included in this pack or alter them unless given permission.' from the readme did you just not understand?

Datadayne- good analogy.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Seriously guys, do as Xeno says. I didn´t agree with him at first earlier this year, but i see it in a different light.