What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Your Texture Pack on my site

There is no way to control the way it's distributed once it's out, you might dislike it but you can't do jack about it but to hope for the distributor to take heed to what you say.

Welcome to the internets.

As a sidenote, copying isn't stealing, it never has been and never will be.

Downloading games and editing them and then telling others not to do the same with the things you've made....k.

Sorry if it's a bit crude.

Mollymutt

I DID ask Mollymut. And the purpose of my site is to make a medium for texture packs where you don´t have to seek for them

Yes, you did ask, but I hadn't gotten around to replying to you. So you just went ahead and did it. BTW, did you ask Mddy or Klasa? Just because my name was on the original thread, this is a team effort, and not just mine. I wasn't saying that it was a capital crime, just that it wasn't cool to do it.

Last edited:

DarknessTear

Either way none of the texture pack makers are making it easy for people to find their texture packs. I also made a thread about hosting them on megaupload so people could get to them easier but that thread was really unsuccessful.

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
@Mollymut

I understand that you don't like it. But someone who wants a texture pack for a rom doesn't care who made or if it is mixed or not. He/She just wants a texture pack that is complete.

*BTW You started the project so it is normal for me to think that if I need permission for something I must PM you

Datadayne

@Mollymut

I understand that you don't like it. But someone who wants a texture pack for a rom doesn't care who made or if it is mixed or not. He/She just wants a texture pack that is complete.

*BTW You started the project so it is normal for me to think that if I need permission for something I must PM you

OK.
JHdD just wanted to help others find the pack easier. But you did not get permision to use thier packs and therefor should not have put it on your site. BUT YOU DID.

But someone who wants a texture pack for a rom doesn't care who made or if it is mixed or not. He/She just wants a texture pack that is complete

Thats not true. Did you see all the comments on thier packs (like five pages of feedback). That means they care. Unless you where to upload it to your site where you give no description of the author, and no where to give feedback. (only texture packs.) Of coarse no one would care.
But we do here. I actualy suggest we keep the textures here. But I cant stop you.

Anyways, we should STOP. JHdD continue on your site if you want to. BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET FULL PERMISSION ON WHAT YOU DO WITH THE PACKS.

Peace

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
OK I will take it down, I'm sorry :unsure:. And mollymut is it OK if I put ONLY your new pack on my site? And when will Klasa put his textures in?

BTW If still some textures of Pokey made by Klasa is it OK to put those in?

Last edited:

M[u]ddy

OK I will take it down, I'm sorry :unsure:. And mollymut is it OK if I put ONLY your new pack on my site? And when will Klasa put his textures in?

BTW If still some textures of Pokey made by Klasa is it OK to put those in?

It might be better if you at first wait for the complete package, since there is still a lot that has to be done. Instead you could upload some good discontinued packs. Djipis Celda is still the only finished pack.

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
But the old Paper Mario was too only textures of you Mollymutt and Klasa (except Luigi by Djipi) and that seemed pretty complete to me.

klasa

Have you ever even played Paper Mario? If so, you would have known that it has a fair amount of enemies and different locations, and only a few of those have been done. This pack is far from finished, for example, all enemies are done by one singe sprite per stance. and all the background have to be puzzled together before they can get retextured.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
yeah paper mario is a very long game, theres like 50-60 frames for mario alone, retexturing isn't a quick easy task... some people should try it for themselves and see how far they get before they get tired of it.

*claps* well said DDRPIP. Still waiting for your final release.

heh, yeah look for it in 1+ years

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
Have you ever even played Paper Mario? If so, you would have known that it has a fair amount of enemies and different locations, and only a few of those have been done. This pack is far from finished, for example, all enemies are done by one singe sprite per stance. and all the background have to be puzzled together before they can get retextured.

Atually I started playing Paper Mario after I saw Mollymutt's texture pack. :p

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
Yes it is :D. Putted the folders from Zupdate in the root after I figured out that the folderstructure doesn't matter, they load anyway.

offtopic: Djipi is your Zelda game Skultalla's Amulet ever to be released in english (or Dutch :p), because it lookes awesome. In the Demo I can't get passed the guy with that violin :p.

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
so, there's no other finished pack, besides Djipi's...?? that's kinda funny, but odd Oo??

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
Finded a Mirror for Djipi and Mdta's celshaded Majora's Mask pack it is 80MB
Never Mind :( wasn't Majora's Mask dowloaded Djipi's ocarina of time again :(

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm... what about Risio's mario, that is the best mario pack I've seen, ask him first though.