What's new

Worst game of the year

DiaBlo666

mightyrocket said:
The worst game of the year? GTA III. If you play it for the first time it's cool, but after 2 months, it's the most stupid game ever!

after two months EVERYTHING IS SHIT BUT DIABLO2/SC MAN..

Cyberman

Maybe there should be most mediocre game of the year? ;)

the Good
NWN - I loved this game.. playing second campaign already
HITMAN2 - Kill with skill. It's fun just starting it.

Mediocre
FFX - I played it tell I got bored. It seems really short though I'm almost done just haven't finished a few things (not terribly rushed too either).

The Bad
Too many really select from, a lot of crap made for the PS2 and XBox. I think like any 'new' system a lot of bad games with no content are made because everyone is rushed to have it for the new platform instead of making a good game.

Anticipated:
Star Ocean 3
Breath of Fire 5
FFXII (forget XI I am not going to bother wasting my time with that crap).

The PS2 is mature enough that some good games will come out for it now. Xbox well .. it's a console PC (that' costs MS money each time you buy one). GameCube .. it's a Nintendo with a drive and better graphics sub system :)

It looks like the systems are no longer exclusive as well. Versions for every platform are coming out, which could be a result of the library interface for each being closer than before and more use of modularity between systems. That being said should be interesting.

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Best game of this year ( and the year before, and before ... ) Xenogears

Most anticipated : Xenosaga Episod 1

And ladies and Genthelman , the "Worst game of the year" award goes to ..... *drums* ... Mafia !
Damn why dont thay make a better sound when hited with Besball Bat ?? Argh !

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Worst game of the year................ Never WInter nights!! lol followed by war craft 3.... and Times splitter 2! ...... if you haven't figured am joking yet keep reading..... Followed by splinter cell!... mgs2:substance... then.... uh...... ffX... ok thats it

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Sayargh said:
worst game of the year...hm.... Turok Evolution, its jerky, it has crap weapons, the the A.I is terrible, the stegasouras (however its spelt) just stood there while i hacked it to pieces for example.

Perhaps it was Acclaims way of telling people Darwin was wrong:happy:

Josep

eyerun4phun
just cause we are near the topic:

Max payne was clearly one of the worst games ever. With over 2 years of hype it fucking tanked...

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
Star Fox Adventures SUX MONKEY BALLS!!!!!!! i SWEAR that a chimp could beat every enemy without dying once in that game. no skill in fighting at ALL!!! just hit the big green button and you're good to go. hit it faster and dont stop hitting it till you win. but maybe i should keep playing. i've only played a few hours so far. but MAN was i disapointed. they said it was gonna be like zelda and they LIED. NO type of game play at all.

Cyberman

vampireuk said:
Perhaps it was Acclaims way of telling people Darwin was wrong:happy:
I haven't seen it.. I've played the Turok games and they were mostly OK but I haven't even heard of that one! Oh well.. lot of games are sucking big time .. probably because of the tight budgets from the economic downturns starting end of 1999 and progressing through to this point. Yesh..

You can't forsake quality or you will forsake your product totally.

I do want BOF 5 though.. for some reason :)

Cyb

Josep

eyerun4phun
Tri-Force said:
they said it was gonna be like zelda and they LIED. NO type of game play at all.

i heard it was exactly like the gameplay of n64 zelda, o well...;)

slashkirby

Tri-Force said:
Star Fox Adventures SUX MONKEY BALLS!!!!!!! i SWEAR that a chimp could beat every enemy without dying once in that game. no skill in fighting at ALL!!! just hit the big green button and you're good to go. hit it faster and dont stop hitting it till you win. but maybe i should keep playing. i've only played a few hours so far. but MAN was i disapointed. they said it was gonna be like zelda and they LIED. NO type of game play at all.
<_< and i thought it was good......

blindrob

BTM said:
Best game of this year ( and the year before, and before ... ) Xenogears

yea that sounds right and JGR was a damn good game and X BOX IS A LITLe. ...sorry.. just had to get that out>_<

:linux:

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
Mortal Kombat Advance, all you have to do is even glance at the reviews...:cry: Whyd they have to screw it up...?

L

Lachp30

FAR said:
James Bond Nightfire sucks...(I mean the PC version)

Whats wrong with it..I only have the demo version, but that seems fun to me!<_<