What's new

Windows XP??

iq_132

Banned
It won't be any harder to format your drive, but you can't read the drive from a Windows 9x OS if you want to back up your files from there.

Stezo2k

S-2K
iq_132 said:
It won't be any harder to format your drive, but you can't read the drive from a Windows 9x OS if you want to back up your files from there.

hmm doesnt sound too bad then, i heard its faster than Fat32, but are there any disadvantages?

Stez

iq_132

Banned
None that I can think of. It has a larger file size barrier, you can compress whole directories.
You almost never have to run scan disk. It aparently uses less disk space than FAT...

Stezo2k

S-2K
whoa awesome, do u use it? And how would i go about formatting my hard drive, would i boot from floppy and use a special MS dos command? Ive formatted before, but just by using the packardbell master CD, but it doesnt work now i got windows xp

Stez

iq_132

Banned
1. Backup Everything you need or could possibly want.
&nbsp a. Step 1 is huge!!! Don't forget about it.
&nbsp &nbsp i. If you had it, and don't use it, back it up anyway, you might someday.
2. Boot off of your XP cd, do a full install.
3. Follow the steps it gives you.

Stezo2k

S-2K
thanx, i think ill just buy a new hard drive, and with my old one i will use it as a secondry hard drive, best idea :)

Stez