What's new

Windows XP??

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
What's the difference between Windows XP Professional Edition and the Home Editon? Which one is better? Does one have more things than the other? Please put advantages and disadvantgaes of thems, because it seems that everybody around here has the Profesional one.
???

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Could you please tell me what stuff?
I don't want to read Microsoft's bullshit, I want to hear opinions of people using it, please.

iq_132

Banned
I don't have much experience with HE, so I can't really say much, but I have heard PE is a little better... for what, I don't know, but aparently it is.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
bestlegion said:
Could you please tell me what stuff?
I don't want to read Microsoft's bullshit, I want to hear opinions of people using it, please.

Damn it lose the attitude or don't expect any replies, you're lucky iq is a friendly person. ;)

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
ok cooliscool, could you please tell me what do you think about it?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
XP Pro comes with mostly more advanced networking feature, most not used by the home user (hence, home edition) Pro is more for corporate things such as bussiness's etc. I have pro, and have no problems with it, infact, i think it's the best microsoft OS out, once i upgraded i instantly saw speed improvements and higher stability in all my games/apps. I'd definetely go for PRO.

P.S. - It's also good because you don't have yo go through MS's Product activation shit. :)

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
2bzy4ne1 said:
it doesn't support multiprocessor use and remote desktop.

What is multiprocessor use and remote desktop?

By the way sorry iq, coolsiscool is right

iq_132

Banned
1. No problem
2. Multiprocessor use is if you have more than one processor on your motherboard. Most home users don't have these (I think I saw Cold1 had one of these though ;))
3. Remote desktop is a feature where you can "take over" another person's computer that is also running remote desktop in order to fix their computer for them. I've never used it though...

Allnatural

bestlegion said:
What is multiprocessor use and remote desktop?
Though iq has already explained things, I'd say that if you don't know what they are, you don't need them.

Stezo2k

S-2K
and Pro supports NTFS (doubt the home version does), which is a faster, more secure file system. Your better off with the Pro version m8, The home version is basically a very lite version of pro with less features

Stez

Stezo2k

S-2K
oh ok, i kinda thought that the home version wouldnt support it cuz most advanced stuff is in the pro version

Stez

Stezo2k

S-2K
i was thinkin of using NTFS, but it will be harder to format my hard drive when i upgrade to an athlon XP :p

Stez