What's new

Windows Media Player 10

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Have you tested guys? How is it? is it good or it just the same as WMP9? What do you think about it? Dowes anyone one if there will be spanish version or when it will be released?

Stezo2k

S-2K
Yeah, i've had the leaked beta for about 6 months or so, has only been out a few weeks officially, i like it much better than 9, seems a lot faster, apperence wise, it's not much better than 9

not sure about a spanish version though....

Burnpro

Supar ***
i got problems playin mp3 with wmp10.
i cannot play half of my mp3 (like 2000)with the new version but i dont have it for mp3, i have it just for movies and they play very fine and it "feel" smooth as wmp9 or better.

Trotterwatch

Stezo2k said:
Yeah, i've had the leaked beta for about 6 months or so, has only been out a few weeks officially, i like it much better than 9, seems a lot faster, apperence wise, it's not much better than 9

not sure about a spanish version though....
Leaked? It was officially released (the beta).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
WMP10... another crap product by microsoft that doesn't work with my tv-out

I'll go back to winamp :)

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
I installed the WMP10..... but.... Winamp 5 is better..... less FPS loss in my games and less CPU usage...

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Sayargh said:
WMP10... another crap product by microsoft that doesn't work with my tv-out

I'll go back to winamp :)

Works fine with my Geforce... ATI's drivers are kinda bad...

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Works fine for me, except for that crap where if you have it full screen on TV out and click the desktop on your monitor it goes back to windowed, looks like i'll stick with BS Player and Winamp 5.05

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Burnpro said:
i got problems playin mp3 with wmp10.
i cannot play half of my mp3 (like 2000)with the new version but i dont have it for mp3, i have it just for movies and they play very fine and it "feel" smooth as wmp9 or better.
I can't see what that has to do with wmp10. It basically uses directshow and believe me, and you basically have to do is pControl->LoadFile bla bla, and then pControl->Play.
This is a problem elsewhere me figures.

Stezo2k

S-2K
zAlbee said:
media player classic is the way to go.

i agree, great app, less bloated than media player 6 though it looks similar :)

works great for playing real/quicktime files too :)

willljjj

Banned
Quick list:
Divx, Xvid = Bsplayer
DVD = VLC
all other video (real, quicktime, etc) = MPC (Media Player Classic)
mp3/ogg = Winamp

No version of WMP I've ever used has made onto my list of media players worth using. No bias here, it just plain doesn't stack up against these other ones.

-Shadow-

Banned
willljjj said:
Quick list:
Divx, Xvid = Bsplayer
DVD = VLC
all other video (real, quicktime, etc) = MPC (Media Player Classic)
mp3/ogg = Winamp

No version of WMP I've ever used has made onto my list of media players worth using. No bias here, it just plain doesn't stack up against these other ones.

I use Winamp alone to play all those formats :p

Burnpro

Supar ***
Doomulation said:
I can't see what that has to do with wmp10. It basically uses directshow and believe me, and you basically have to do is pControl->LoadFile bla bla, and then pControl->Play.
This is a problem elsewhere me figures.

lol fixed the problem,

i had the option to download codecs auto turned off, what its funny is that i "presumably" needed a codec to play ALL of my mp3's, it was a file called mpeg ii or something like that and voila! now everything work fine.

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Stezo2k said:
i agree, great app, less bloated than media player 6 though it looks similar :)

works great for playing real/quicktime files too :)

What? Does it plays real an quicktime files by itself or do you have to download plugins?

Stezo2k

S-2K
t0rek said:
What? Does it plays real an quicktime files by itself or do you have to download plugins?

not exactly, you'll need to search for real alternative or quicktime alternative, it's a sort of addon for media player classic, much better than using quicktime/real software, and its much easier to resize the window to your preferences