What's new

Why has the dolphin emu progressed more than other console emulators?

Vegetable

Banned
Hmmm, some people say this whole emulation thing is a race, but I have some words for those people. YOU SUCK.
But seriously now, emulation is not really considered a race, but so long as you aren't pissing anyone off by saying it is, then whatever. But to me, emulation is more of a progression in pc-console gaming, I know I buy all my consoles (except for the HOLYSHITTHATSBIG xbox), but it's cool to be able to play your games on your pc with a keyboard, with anti-aliasing, 1600x1200 resolution, save states, wav logging, and other cool stuff. It's just an exciting thing!

Last edited:

Gladiac0190

hmmm, @Viper_Viper:
CXBX is fast, that's right! It runs at fullspeed but this MUST be because of technical reasons... CXBX is not an emulator like dolphin, pcsx2 or any other console-emu. It's even more a wrapper... like WINE (even WINE is not an emu as the name already says ;D). It has not to emulate the games on a foreign hardware-architecture because the xbox is an ibm compatible pc - not more or less. So it has only (...) to port the XBEs to windows compatible executables formerly known as EXEs ;D
Dolphin has to emulate the gpu, cpu,... and as long as this is not optimized, it will not run very fast or at fullspeed.

So, speed is not everything that tells progress

Vegetable

Banned
Gladiac, the Xbox may have similar architecture as a pc in some areas, but it is just as hard to emulate as any of the other consoles out at the present time.
Oh and Mr Ball Slice, that is waaay too big of a sig picture, try sizing it down by at least 50%.

Last edited:

Gladiac0190

Vegetable said:
Gladiac, the Xbox may have similar architecture as a pc in some areas, but it is just as hard to emulate as any of the other consoles out at the present time.
hmpf, in some areas?
Have a look @ http://www.xbox-linux.org/docs/xboxpc.html...
Hmmm, i think that it has to be theoretically easier because you need not to emulate any sound/graphics/blahblah hardware since the architecture is the same. That does by god not mean that it is easy and Caustik did great work on programming cxbx.

Vegetable

Banned
Galdiac0190 said:
Hmmm, i think that it has to be theoretically easier because you need not to emulate any sound/graphics/blahblah hardware since the architecture is the same.
Hmm, I shall reply to this with a quote from homer simpson.
Homer Simpson said:
I agree with you -- in theory. In theory, communism works. In theory.

machspeed

Dead Guy
also, the gamecube emulator wasnt announced until after it had graphics running...They made a lotof progress before even announcing the emulator...

machspeed

bakumatsu

Banned
oh my gawd!!!!!! ok i know this haz nothin to do with this topic and im sorrrrrryyyyy....but zaba_3 that screen shot u posted that means u have naruto 2 right???? i DESPERATELY NEEEEED THAT GAME !!!!! i cant find the torrent and i must play iT!!! SO PLZ NOT JUST ZABA_# PLZ GIVE ME THAT GAME THERE ARE VARIOUS WAYS TO GET IT TO ME AND I PROMISE ILL GIVE U SUMTHING IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx plz help ^^"

Trotterwatch

bakumatsu said:
oh my gawd!!!!!! ok i know this haz nothin to do with this topic and im sorrrrrryyyyy....but zaba_3 that screen shot u posted that means u have naruto 2 right???? i DESPERATELY NEEEEED THAT GAME !!!!! i cant find the torrent and i must play iT!!! SO PLZ NOT JUST ZABA_# PLZ GIVE ME THAT GAME THERE ARE VARIOUS WAYS TO GET IT TO ME AND I PROMISE ILL GIVE U SUMTHING IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx plz help ^^"

Best post ever :) Sadly I have had to give the poster of it a very large kick in the nuts, perhaps a kick in the head would also be a good idea. Couldn't do much damage anyways.

calam

Banned
cool about the process of dolpin emulator but they dont update there site with lastest info or when there going to release next version of there emu

Knuckles

maybe because they don't even know when they will release it! there never is any fixed dates, it's released when it's ready , no news normally = no real big progress.

onemustfall

Beta tester wanabe
Big or little progress Dolphin programers are very skilled. I would like to see a perfectly working Dolphin emulator before the new Nintendo console is realeased globaly. :happy:

Pky

You are resurrecting old posts :S. Anyway, to see it work perfectly you will have to wait some years..